F1 Warning Light

Sunman

900+ Posts
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
I have a buddy who rides a GL-1800. Last weekend we were in the Hill Country and the F1 light came on. Bike didn't act any different and when we stopped and shut the bike off the and restarted it the light stayed off it but it came back on about 130 miles later. The next morning when we got ready to head back home the light was off but came back on after about 80 miles and stayed on until he got home. Again, the bike didn't act any different so he rode it home. Anyone had experience with this and what the problem was?

Thanks,

Sunman

I have a buddy who rides a GL-1800. Last weekend we were in the Hill Country and the F1 light came on. Bike didn't act any different and when we stopped and shut the bike off the and restarted it the light stayed off it but it came back on about 130 miles later. The next morning when we got ready to head back home the light was off but came back on after about 80 miles and stayed on until he got home. Again, the bike didn't act any different so he rode it home. Anyone had experience with this and what the problem was?

Thanks,

Sunman

Danny, there are several faults the ECU detects and activated the Fault Indicator (FI) light. There is a process to read the code. I'd be glad to help him read that cold. PM me his email address if he'd like me to contact him... :xszpv::xszpv:

Thanks Jerry. I will check with him today and see if he got it sorted out. He was going to work on it yesterday. If he hasn't got it resolved I will send you his contact info.

Sunman

FI Light

Just had the same problem with my GW (02 model). FI light would come on after riding a few miles, once you turn off the ignition switch it would reset the light. It would come on after a few miles and stay on till the ignition switch was turned off again. Checked the code on the FI light and mine was a code 25, that is 2 long flashes which equals 10 apiece and then 5 short flashes. It says that it is the right knock sensor going bad, after checking with a few forums about the problem most came back that the ECM was bad, not the knock sensor. Changed the ECM and everything is good again. Also the bike ran the same without any problems except it had a low idle speed and would die after trying to roll into the throttle from a idle.

FI Light

Sunman:

If you can Pm me and I can give you the name of a place that has the ECM's for the GW a little cheaper than going thru Honda parts.

Recently had the FI light come on. Can't do the "test" top read a code as there is no kickstand. It came on when engine started surging at 500-1000RPMs while clutch is engaged or in neutral. Has stalled while this is happening.

How to read the code without a kickstand?

Recently had the FI light come on. Can't do the "test" top read a code as there is no kickstand. It came on when engine started surging at 500-1000RPMs while clutch is engaged or in neutral. Has stalled while this is happening.

Sherri........Welcome To Trike-Talk...:wave4::wave4:...

Recently had the FI light comeon. Can't do the "test" top read a code as there is no kickstand. It came on when engine started surging at 500-1000RPMs while clutch is engaged or in neutral. Has stalled while this is happening.

Even though kickstand is gone, the wiring will still be there. You can install a switch like @Gold Rush did some time ago to fool bike into thinking there is still a side stand.

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/12174-Side-Stand-Switch-Anti-Theft-Device

I did something just like this for the reason you mention. It also doubles as an anti theft device as bike cannot be put in gear and stay running if it thinks kick stand is down.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png