• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Trikes in a MC club?

Big_Steve

Tour Captain - Contributing Member
Reaction score
Do any of you folks belong to MC clubs? We have a couple in town, and they say all are welcome. But I've got to say, when I'm out and about I'm not feeling like part of the brotherhood of bikers. At lights or other places, the two wheelers will do whatever it takes to ignore my trike. Even at the one patriot guard mission I went on, the two wheelers were only cooly polite. They sure didn't want to acknowledge the trike.

That's okay, I'm a big boy. But I don't want to pay dues to a club, only to be the unwanted red haired stepchild, if you know what I mean.

Steve, this has been discussed quiet a bit... It is the same way here, I get this oh come on and ride talk, but then I get oh U ride a jap trike :mad:

So we ride by ourselves and enjoy it more... No matter what goes on some people do not or will not accept a trike as a motorcycle.. That is ok, I don't think some people belong in the human race :p

Just enjoy ur nice trike and let them have their opinions....'

Hey Steve,

I am a member of the SCRC.. Southern Cruisers Riders Club out of Macon Georgia. Not only do I ride with a BUNCH of different two wheels I am usually their tail gunner. In our "gang" we WELCOME all folks.

I too am a member of the Patriot Guard Riders but I haven't seen that type of reaction "yet". It's all about the fallen soldier, not what you ride.

Come down our way .. you'd be WELCOME.

Ride Safe

Tony T of I V E

In my case, it was a self inflicted exile. I rode with a bunch of very nice but relatively aggressive 40 to 60 something FJR sport-touring riders. And I rode that way too. Been asked to come on rides, but I know I'd end up tail-gunner everytime. My triking skills have yet to be honed to that level to keep up with those gents!

I ride with the local Canadian Motorcyle Cruisers riding club and usually in front of the tailgunner and have been accepted into the club with open arms. If only the 2 wheelers would pick up the pace through the twisties...slowing down for them gets old...lol. This riding club is not restricted by what brand name bike you ride, only rule is that there's no alcohol consumed during our rides, which I believe is the best way to go anyway...

Hey Steve,

I am a member of the SCRC.. Southern Cruisers Riders Club out of Macon Georgia. Not only do I ride with a BUNCH of different two wheels I am usually their tail gunner. In our "gang" we WELCOME all folks.

I too am a member of the Patriot Guard Riders but I haven't seen that type of reaction "yet". It's all about the fallen soldier, not what you ride.

Come down our way .. you'd be WELCOME.

Ride Safe

Tony T of I V E

Thanks. Let me make sure I'm clear about the PGR. I wasn't treated poorly at all. Everyone was polite.

OOoooooh....I feel so "Inadequate" now...my Life is ruined, I'm shunned by the Other Bikers........

NOT.....!!!!!

...............:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hodwy Tony:
I am a little more south of your between Tifton and Waycross.
Would love to hook up some time in the future.

I have both 2 and 3 wheels in the garage.

Respectfully:

MIke aka Southern Man

I ride with the Blue Knights and I am treated the same as when I rode 2- wheels.

I lead 99% of the rides and run tailgunner the other 1 %.

I've ridden as a Blue Knight well over 25 years.

i ride with the PGR (las vegas) (m/c honor guard) and we have every type of bike/trike and we respect everyone that turns out to honor the fallen warrior .
grampadonut
peter doyle

I ride with the Blue Knights and I am treated the same as when I rode 2- wheels.

I lead 99% of the rides and run tailgunner the other 1 %.

I've ridden as a Blue Knight well over 25 years.

Same here. There are several BK's on this forum. You are more likely to get the which brand is best stuff than anything anti-trike.

My trike is more than welcome in our Blue Knights club. Actually, we have three trikes and one other member looking for one. I will ride tail gunner or road captain.

We belong to a group called "Friends on Wheels"
Most of us ride Trikes.
Once a year we have a rally and about 40 Trikes show up.
Last year it was in Ohio and this year in Michigan.
Other then that, our group of 6 do rides in our area.

Hi Friends, Another consideration that our 2 wheel friends must consider is situations where the rider is hadicapped and must have a Trike to ride at all. That is my case - I have a balance issue but love to ride with my wife and friends.

Don't you have to be a L.E.O. for the Blue Knights? I'm not.

Although there are a few exceptions, yes. One does have to be a LEO.

Interesting answer.
When I attempted to join the BK's, as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff by the way, I was told I could be an associate member or same standing as any civilian that belonged, because I wasn't a real officer.
Since as a Reserve, I did exactly the same job and took the same chances as a "real' officer, I decide the BK's would get along very well without me.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png