Trikes in a MC club?

Attending a poker run today, first one since a trike rider. Yonkers MC is the host. Being I know a few older members, there the only ones interested. The young bucks sit in the distance and druel silently 🤤. Going to the party only and monmorial. Also to reminisce with some old timers.

Will give a report tomorrow on the outcome. :Shrug:

BTW no thread is too old, as it's cool as a time capsule :D

Attending a poker run today, first one since a trike rider. Yonkers MC is the host. Being I know a few older members, there the only ones interested. The young bucks sit in the distance and druel silently 🤤. Going to the party only and monmorial. Also to reminisce with some old timers.

Will give a report tomorrow on the outcome. :Shrug:

BTW no thread is too old, as it's cool as a time capsule :D

Old threads are new threads to new readers, And a little trip down memory lane for old readers.....Being a amateur psychologist....[ Was Self-Enployed and dealing with 25+ customers daly]..Some of the negativity towards trike's is in the mind of the Trike's owner...:Shrug:

Heading on a ride to Erie

Bride and I are going to take off on a non destination ride North toward Erie who knows where we will end up. travel safely Fred

how did this get here? Fred

Beware of the cloud :umbrella:

Yesterdays run went well. About 12 clubs attended and all was calm, not like the old days were the ball pien hammers were flying around ! The one very noticeable thing was the age group, and a few new clubs. It was a 40's and older crowd, however the older crowd dominated. I noticed 5 trikes with some interest , but it was a definite 2 wheeler event. I met lots of folks from the past. These type of events never change, the Apple pie and Budweiser and **** was free flowing. I guess were in our own world but still welcomed to all events and runs. Good weather, and good time was had. :clapping:

My story......Wife and I both ride Spyders (I had a conventional trike until today), we moved to Arkansas a couple months ago, looking for a group to ride with, a guy who met a friend of mine calls me up and says they would like to invite us to ride with their group here locally, I said great, what's the name of your club, he says it's a GWRRA chapter for this area called the Eagle Wings, I said, damn, just our luck, we don't ride Goldwings or Hondas, he said no problem, he is the Membership chairman and he rides a Harley, I said, well that's fine but we ride trikes, he said that most of their members who ride most often have trikes, I said yeah, but we ride Spyders, he said doesn't matter, the club President of Eagle Wings rides a Spyder! Well we have found out that this is a RIDING club, they ride every week, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a week, they have long overnight trips of up to a week or two at a time, these guys are riders. Well, my wife and I are now members of GWRRA (Associate members). Oh, there's a ride tomorrow, hope it doesn't rain.....

PS: Every ride we have been on with the GWRRA Eagle Wings, the trikes, out number the 2 wheelers...trikes are welcome here!

Hey Steve.

Ok 1st of all there's HUGE difference from an M/C club to a riding club.

M/C clubs have whats called a 3 piece patch. Riding clubs have 1 patch and are also a Nice bunch of guys and Girls as any club does.

Like all clubs in the M/C world you have to join and go thru a period of time from them to except you.

Some riding club are some what the same as far as excepting you right off the bat.

There plenty of clubs out there for you to join up too.

Your local Legion riders or Moose club, Or even the Elk riders are a good crew to hang out with.

So thought I'd mention the Legion riders because there are a LOT of Vets in those Chapters also.

And a VERY friendly bunch of guys.

Rick

Yes old threads are new to new members. I like the change in attitudes from back in 2010. I used to say I would quit before I went to 3 wheels. Then I got old and had a bad accident and didn't dare ride on 2 anymore. I also found out I wasn't ready to quit:clapping:. Now I am on my second trike, still doing 10,000+ a year. I laugh now when I hear riders say they will quit before going to 3. You don't know what you'll do, but if you can and aren't ready to quit you'll go to 3.

I like my HD Trike but i miss the HELL out of my 2 wheelers.

I have a good friend in the Detroit area and he belongs to a M/C and I asked him this question about trikes in his club ?

His response was are you kidding me I see them all the time now.

A lot of the member's are older now and if they want to ride that's what they do.

Most of them are old riders or Hot Rodder's so they have NO problem keeping up with the PACK :cool:.

I received a real education when my son had his MC Sword of Truth go before the MC board to get approval of the patch and rocker emblems. Most of the members are normal run of the mill riders but the few 1%'s run the show. My son's MC is a Christian group and not a threat to anyone. You would have thought they were going to come in and try and take a part of the state for their own! In the end, the board voted in favor of his designs and that was that. He moved to Colorado and wanted to wear his colors. He dutifully went before the board to request his patch be recognized but the local 1%'s would not allow it. He is back in AZ and proudly wears his colors once again.

I like my HD Trike but i miss the HELL out of my 2 wheelers.

I have a good friend in the Detroit area and he belongs to a M/C and I asked him this question about trikes in his club ?

His response was are you kidding me I see them all the time now.

A lot of the member's are older now and if they want to ride that's what they do.

Most people who love riding on 2 wheels will more than likely end up on three.

​I started out thinking Spyders were for people that were afraid to ride two wheelers until I realized some disabled vets may be forced to go that way if they still want to ride. Only problem with them is the usual people that buy them, I'll bet, think they are "safer" than a two wheeler which we know is not the case. Consequently, these new Spyder riders are likely to raise the motorcycle statistics more than experienced riders would.

As for allowing them in a MC, we're all gonna have problems as we age and might be forced to go a direction we wouldn't have 15-20 years ago. Maybe I'm gettin soft in my old age.

PC

Old threads are new threads to new readers, And a little trip down memory lane for old readers.....Being a amateur psychologist....[ Was Self-Enployed and dealing with 25+ customers daly]..Some of the negativity towards trike's is in the mind of the Trike's owner...:Shrug:

Bump…….

trikes and mc's

Allot of riders that I run into say "I will never ride a trike", and that's ok with me. Im 70 yrs old and I went to 3 wheels about 3 yrs ago because of health issues and I'm not done riding yet. I had my kit [CSC] added to my 07 Street Glide. I want to say that most of the people that I rode with over the years either don't ride anymore or are not longer with me. Life style choice mostly to blame for that. I have a crew I ride with that is on average about 10 yes younger than me and they don't care about my trike. They ride a little faster than me so I'm usually the "tailgunner". If they loose track of me they usually pull up and wait. I spend most of my time ridding alone though cause I'm retired and they aren't. I would say generally I get a lot of interest in my trike from older riders and since HD started manufacturing and selling trikes the number of trikes I see out there (Alberta Canada) has significantly increased.

I love my trike and I'm really to old to worry about what other people say or think (except for my wife), so RIDE ON cause that's what I'm doing.

Be safe out there.

Tricky

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png