Freewire

I just bought two of them from Sierra where I bought my Sena 20's. Sierra told me that work as advertised. Unfortunately these arrived the day after I fell off a ladder hanging Christmas lights and broke the heel on both feet. So with both feet in casts and stuck in a wheel chair for 12 weeks it will be a while before I get to try them. Looking forward to hearing what someone who has used them has to say about them.

I just bought two of them from Sierra where I bought my Sena 20's. Sierra told me that work as advertised. Unfortunately these arrived the day after I fell off a ladder hanging Christmas lights and broke the heel on both feet. So with both feet in casts and stuck in a wheel chair for 12 weeks it will be a while before I get to try them. Looking forward to hearing what someone who has used them has to say about them.

I think I'll print out your post and leave it lying around so the wife can see it. She's been itching to put up lights lately. Maybe I can convince her it's just to dangerous.

Broken heels! Sounds painful! Hope your recovery goes well.

I have sena 20's and a sm10 or something like that .it makes the bike blue tooth . I wonder if the freewire is a better way to go. Does the radio play in stereo through the freewire

If you have the Honda or BikeMP3 CB, the Freewire will send stereo audio from the bike to a BT headset, like your 20S, and mic audio from your headset into the bike's audio system for the CB. If you ride with a passenger they can use a wired headset or a second Freewire with a Bluetooth headset. Works beautifully on Goldwings or Harleys with factory audio systems.

We also make a direct wire power adapter so you may hide the Freewire in the fairing pocket or under the seat, and not have to plug into a cigarette lighter.

If you have the Honda or BikeMP3 CB, the Freewire will send stereo audio from the bike to a BT headset, like your 20S, and mic audio from your headset into the bike's audio system for the CB. If you ride with a passenger they can use a wired headset or a second Freewire with a Bluetooth headset. Works beautifully on Goldwings or Harleys with factory audio systems.

We also make a direct wire power adapter so you may hide the Freewire in the fairing pocket or under the seat, and not have to plug into a cigarette lighter.

What I have now is a sm10 and a smh10 in my fairing pocket.the sm10 makes a clicking noise in the headsets 20s and it bothers me. So it does not get used much.with the smh10 I have the cb , Garmin 660, and the bike radio all working through Bluetooth. But without the sm10 there is just mono coming to the headsets. I am looking for a better option and it sounds like freewire is a better option

Clinton - not sure what the clicking is. Do you have the SM10 powered from the bike or from the internal battery? If from the bike, then you need a ground loop isolator between the SM10 and the bike's audio system to prevent the noise, most likely. The Freewire's audio lead has ground loop isolation built-in.

Alas, the Freewire uses BT 4.0 technology and your SMH10 is BT 3.0, so they're not compatible. The newer Sena headsets like the 10S, 20S, and such, are compatible. Hope that helps.

What I have now is a sm10 and a smh10 in my fairing pocket.the sm10 makes a clicking noise in the headsets 20s and it bothers me. So it does not get used much.with the smh10 I have the cb , Garmin 660, and the bike radio all working through Bluetooth. But without the sm10 there is just mono coming to the headsets. I am looking for a better option and it sounds like freewire is a better option

Clinton - not sure what the clicking is. Do you have the SM10 powered from the bike or from the internal battery? If from the bike, then you need a ground loop isolator between the SM10 and the bike's audio system to prevent the noise, most likely. The Freewire's audio lead has ground loop isolation built-in.

Alas, the Freewire uses BT 4.0 technology and your SMH10 is BT 3.0, so they're not compatible. The newer Sena headsets like the 10S, 20S, and such, are compatible. Hope that helps.

Thank you for responding to my post. I do appreciate it very much. I have only used the external battery and have not hooked away to charge from bike. Something I will do someday. The 1st few days, after the install I did not notice the clicking sound. Then on a trip for a few days ,it started and has never went away. It took me a while to figure out what was making the noise.

If I remember,we had been on the bike for around 8 hrs and the battery died on the SM10 ,and the clicking sound stopped. I charged it up overnight and it was back,turned it off and the noise was gone. I never puesured it any more. I am thinking the freewire will be a better way to go wireless. I did blue tooth when the 20s first came on the market. The freewire was not available at that time.

Sena

Thank you for responding to my post. I do appreciate it very much. I have only used the external battery and have not hooked away to charge from bike. Something I will do someday. The 1st few days, after the install I did not notice the clicking sound. Then on a trip for a few days ,it started and has never went away. It took me a while to figure out what was making the noise. If I remember,we had been on the bike for around 8 hrs and the battery died on the SM10 ,and the clicking sound stopped. I charged it up overnight and it was back,turned it off and the noise was gone. I never puesured it any more. I am thinking the freewire will be a better way to go wireless. I did blue tooth when the 20s first came on the market. The freewire was not available at that time.

I read that something needs to be done/purchased to hear music in stereo. Did I misunderstand? If I understand correctly, what needs to be done/purchased?

I read that something needs to be done/purchased to hear music in stereo. Did I misunderstand? If I understand correctly, what needs to be done/purchased?

Hi Don:

All depends whether you have the Honda or Harley factory CB, or plan to, down the line. If you do, you'll want the Sena Freewire (Harley version). There's also one for the GL1800. We can make you a direct wire power adapter that will connect into ignition-switched power so that you don't have to mess with a cigarette plug or other hoakiness, and you can make the whole setup hidden away in a fairing pocket, trunk, or under the seat. You'd need a second one for a passenger's Bluetooth headset, or they can use a wired headset.

If you don't have a CB and just want music from the bike's stereo system, the Sena SM10 will connect into the bike's audio system, and that will pair up to two BT headsets. We also make a direct wire power adapter for the SM10.

Now, luckily for you, that we are close-by in Nashua. You can give us a ring on 603.821.9588, or drop by our shop and we'll be happy to help you get setup with exactly what you'll need, to do it right the first time.

Question about the freewire and BT head sets ... I am deef ... I can't wear the hearing aides with the helmet. Every BT option I've tried leaves lots to be desired in the volume department. I listen to audio books while on trips and listening to an audio book that you only hear about 1/2 of what's being said is frankly like kissing your sister ... through a screen door (Just for the record, I'm an only child. I know ... I know ... explains a lot).

So I'm wondering about volume loss with the BT and freewire setup. How does it compare to the wired headset.

I have a 2006 Goldwing Lehman trike. It has all options, I think, including Audio, GPS and CB packages. Here is what I would like to do if possible:

1-Hear bike's stereo both Bluetooth helmets -Have helmets but no Bluetooth headsets yet

2-intercom between
passenger

3-Use both iphones individually

4-Install and listen to satellite radio while wife hears bike's stereo audio

5-Use CB while wife uses iPhone or stereo

6-Prioritize iPhone GPS WAZE APP when traveling and hear turns

Is my wish list possible and is there an cheaper way than SENA? As far as I know they are the only game in town and are cashing in on it.

Sena Bluetooth System

I purchased a pair of Sena 20s EVO and a pair of Freewires. I have only connected mine at this point as I want to know how the system works before wifey comes along.

I have found that the system continually needs to be re paired/connected every time I shut the trike off. This is totally annoying. I end up having to shut the free wire and restart it and do the same with the 20s EVO. It doesn't seem to be operating correctly.

I was advised to pair my Samsung S7 smart phone to my Garmin 660 GPS. When I do that I can't make or receive a call.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have seen you in some posts about the sena freewire. Are you a electronics distributor? I have a 2007 gl1800 with a cb etc. My wife has a 2014 Can Am Spyder STS SE5 and we would like to find a way to communicate through my cb. Do you know of anything? One person on the Spyder forums has a handheld Midland CB mounted to her spyder using some typr of bluetooth headsets etc.

Jim

Hi Jim:

I’m a Sena dealer. Actually Sena’s First dealer, anywhere. Been offering Sena products since early 2010.

We can set your wife up with a Sena headset, a Sena SR-10 two-way radio adapter and Handheld CB. I have a Cobra handheld CB and an SR-10 that I’ve used just in day, and I can make you a helluva deal on those. We can chat about headsets, as there are many options.

Give me a ring, Tues-Fri 10-5 eastern, 603.821.9588.

Thanks.

I have seen you in some posts about the sena freewire. Are you a electronics distributor? I have a 2007 gl1800 with a cb etc. My wife has a 2014 Can Am Spyder STS SE5 and we would like to find a way to communicate through my cb. Do you know of anything? One person on the Spyder forums has a handheld Midland CB mounted to her spyder using some typr of bluetooth headsets etc.

Jim

Hi Jim:

I’m a Sena dealer. Actually Sena’s First dealer, anywhere. Been offering Sena products since early 2010.

We can set your wife up with a Sena headset, a Sena SR-10 two-way radio adapter and Handheld CB. I have a Cobra handheld CB and an SR-10 that I’ve used just in day, and I can make you a helluva deal on those. We can chat about headsets, as there are many options.

Give me a ring, Tues-Fri 10-5 eastern, 603.821.9588.

Thanks.

Where would the talk switch or button be for her?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png