Rear belt adjustment on Tri Glide.

sandrooney

Jul 3, 2010
Cotopaxi,Co. USA
I was installing new rear brake pads and new rear shocks and thought I would adjust the rear belt while I was at it. I adjusted it to the specs in the manual using the tension tool and it just seems tight. 3/8 to 7/16 with 10 lbs of pressure.

Just adjusted my 2017 Tri Glide belt last week off the ground to 7/16". I checked it again on the ground with no change. It feels a little tight, but should be fine.

Do it the old fashion way put the belt between your thumb and forefinger and if you can twist it 45* ride it and forget it. Been doing it this way and haven't had ant trouble

Do it the old fashion way put the belt between your thumb and forefinger and if you can twist it 45* ride it and forget it. Been doing it this way and haven't had ant trouble

Old school yup, I ave learned over the years not to twist belts any more tho I still do some times

2018 Tri Glide Belt Adjustment

I checked my belt tension with the gauge & it is a little tight. I have been to numerous sites but thus far have found nothing about how to preform this adjustment on my 2018 Tri Glide, only video of eccentric cam axle bolt on 2 wheelers.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png