2016 Tri glide handlebars

Yes 31 wide on the narrow and 34 wide on the wide, i will sit on the bike this weekend and measure all , i went to their site and printed both specs, now the install is without the bars that is labor only , they told me at least 7 hours i do know that is high in my opinion , if it weren't brand new id give it a go, he also added that they will change out the bushings to stop the vibration with the taller bars, im kinda stuck, so when i bring it in for the 1000 miles first oil change i'll get her done, and thanks to all and i do read all day on here alot of info i never new for sure.

Waldo1,
Get another estimate on install; $1000 is a rip off! There is no way it will take 7 hrs to install the 2+2 wide sweepers. 2 to 3 hrs is the maximum it should take an experienced tech.

I have zero vibration with my sweepers that dealer is a rip off in my opinion. Locate and independent shop save the money for more parts. :Shrug: Adding the wide sweepers is like adding power steering more leverage ride safely fearless

Yes 31 wide on the narrow and 34 wide on the wide, i will sit on the bike this weekend and measure all , i went to their site and printed both specs, now the install is without the bars that is labor only , they told me at least 7 hours i do know that is high in my opinion , if it weren't brand new id give it a go, he also added that they will change out the bushings to stop the vibration with the taller bars, im kinda stuck, so when i bring it in for the 1000 miles first oil change i'll get her done, and thanks to all and i do read all day on here alot of info i never new for sure.

i tried to look around no luck yet another dealer told me $800 plus i have to buy my bars from them, man they r nuts

Hey Waldo welcome to three. I am 5'6" and was hurting in the center of my back so I replaced my bars with the HD reduced reach bars. I refused to pay that high price so I put them on myself and had no idea what I was doing but 2.5 hours later it was done and I am glad I did it. now on the curves I found out just go ahead and lean maybe not as much as on two wheels but lean into the curve some, I was feeling like I was going to sling shot off the high side but after I started the leaning even riding the Dragon was fun. good luck

Hey there , what year did you do 2012 or newer???? i know i could do it but being new im kinda scared i mess something up but if i see a video i could do it for sure

Buy the book!

Get a touring shop manual I have been told it is easier on the Rushmores the infotainment center opens and everything is right there I guess.. Possibly clutch hose I'm sure someone that has done it can get you the info you need. All should have a shop manual anyways. I did mine not hard just time consuming. I'm really satisfied I did it for less than $200 total. good luck fred

i tried to look around no luck yet another dealer told me $800 plus i have to buy my bars from them, man they r nuts

Hey there , what year did you do 2012 or newer???? i know i could do it but being new im kinda scared i mess something up but if i see a video i could do it for sure

There is a video on You Tube with the bar change on a 2015 Streetglide. It is a really detailed video, runs close to 45 min. I used that, it helped a lot; even shows where to cut the wire ties to gain extra length for cables and wires. I don't have a link, but if you do a search on google it will come up, that's how I found it

​ think im gonna give it a try i have to study and do my homework first and i'll let yall know when i do it , thanks this is a kool site

It's not rocket science

Take your time watch the video and take pictures if not sure. you will be very proud that you did it yourself and you can set the bars exactly where you need them ThumbUp wrench safely Fred

DSC00278.JPG
​ think im gonna give it a try i have to study and do my homework first and i'll let yall know when i do it , thanks this is a kool site

don't believe you will

I can't think you need to extend any wires possibly relocate some there is usually enough slack. I can't say for certainty mine is a 09 cable clutch. not anywhere new as yours. Fred

i wonder if i need to get any wire or connection that wont be long enough?????

hey Waldo I have been trying to reply but was having computer problems it would not let me type a reply. I have a 2014 and the dealer I bought it from quoted me about a grand to install the bars but he was replacing all cables and told me it could not be done with out them. so while I was down around Cantonment Fla. I stopped by the HD shop and he promised me with the reduced reach I would not need anything extra and he was correct swapped them out with no problems and there is a world of difference. Just be real careful with the throttle wire it is very thin. take pictures so you can refer back to how it came apart and you should not have a problem.

Thanks , after looking at the video im gonna do it , take pictures and label all parts, i saw i'll have to cut the TBW clip then re solider them to go through the bars, ok not last night i got on the bike and the reach is pretty good just to low i can afford to come back a couple inches but i do need to come up about 4 or 5 , i took a measurement of the stock bars and its 31 inches end to end .

Can you disconnect plug ?

Can't you disconnect the plug pull it through and reinstall it or is it to short exactly which set of handlebars did you plan on using? good luck take your time. Fred

Thanks , after looking at the video im gonna do it , take pictures and label all parts, i saw i'll have to cut the TBW clip then re solider them to go through the bars, ok not last night i got on the bike and the reach is pretty good just to low i can afford to come back a couple inches but i do need to come up about 4 or 5 , i took a measurement of the stock bars and its 31 inches end to end .

Only cry once!!!

now that is what it is all about only cry once your are only getting started trust me. ThumbUp I did not change bushings on old Shiney to each their own. I believe you will love the grip angle on the wide sweepers to me they seem so much more natural to hold on to. :cool: wrench safely Fred

I ordered the 2+2 WIDE SWEEPERS , NEW BUSHINGS, new slip on's , hwy pegs, floor board extensions , gonna go all the way with her,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png