2016 Tri glide handlebars

Clutch cable? or clutch hose?

are you still running the 2012 triglide? if you are. You will be very fortunate if you do not need a longer Clutch cable I needed a longer one I went with a +6 a +3 or +4 would work but I wanted the extra length. Hyd. hoses they say reach but I can only confirm my 09 to 13 with cable clutches. I pray you were aware of this. or you have purchased a new machine and not updated your signature line. :gah: good luck. Fred

Krome works 2+2 wide sweepers. Zip ties are my friend. Also use die-electric grease on all connections. Taking my time, only to do this once !

Still have the 12. Got it to my liking. No new one in the future. Did not secure left side yet, but seems I will relocate cable in back of fairing rather than oem route thru it.

Still have the 12. Got it to my liking. No new one in the future. Did not secure left side yet, but seems I will relocate cable in back of fairing rather than oem route thru it.
When I did my 2013, that is what I did with the clutch cable; there is plenty of length if you route it under the fairing instead of through it

I put back in

I couldn't take it's just me I returned back in side just because that is where I found it. :Shrug: The wide sweepers are the cats butt no matter how you run the clutch cable. One of the best things I have done on our Triglide. ride safely Fearless

When I did my 2013, that is what I did with the clutch cable; there is plenty of length if you route it under the fairing instead of through it

Attachments

• DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 205
I couldn't take it's just me I returned back in side just because that is where I found it. :Shrug: The wide sweepers are the cats butt no matter how you run the clutch cable. One of the best things I have done on our Triglide. ride safely Fearless
Luckily, stuff like that doesn't bother me:). My cheapness over rides my need for things to be original. I agree that the 2+2 bars are the best mod I have made for comfort. Have a MerryChristmas

Well, got all back together except for the windshield and headlight. Santa might bring a new headlight:Santa:
The windshield needs a good cleaning b4 the install.
other than that not a bad project. But I must say, the TBW wire ends were a challenge. Just siting on her in the garage feels 👍. Next week to ck rear brake pads.
Wishing all a healthy Christmas.:bellringer:

Well, got all back together except for the windshield and headlight. Santa might bring a new headlight:Santa:
The windshield needs a good cleaning b4 the install.
other than that not a bad project. But I must say, the TBW wire ends were a challenge. Just siting on her in the garage feels 👍. Next week to ck rear brake pads.
Wishing all a healthy Christmas.:bellringer:

I just love a happy ending. :) Gives me warm fuzzies all over.:Excited:

2016's are Different than Previous Models

Well i got it took all apart all went well EXCEPT that little Trip Reset Button i broke it but all is good i'll get them to order one and swap it for me the reset still works i have to use my finger, the handle bars will be in today so i'll start tonight and it looks like the TBW wire will slip right through without taking them apart , i took them out the other bars with no problems at all here are the pics, oh i did swap the bushing also got ride of them flimsy rubber ones
Harley made a change on the 2016 models to a smaller connector so it should slide right out. Somehow it never turns out that simple for me.

i had no trouble at all with the TBW ends went like a charm and like yall i thought id have trouble but No, myself and the wife went for a little ride she even said it looks like you are so relaxed now after almost getting rid of the bike to loving it wow what a way to start the NEW YEAR

i had no trouble at all with the TBW ends went like a charm and like yall i thought id have trouble but No, myself and the wife went for a little ride she even said it looks like you are so relaxed now after almost getting rid of the bike to loving it wow what a way to start the NEW YEAR
A local dealer insisted the Sweeper 2+2 Narrow would not work on my 2016 TriGlide because of my Bat Wing Fairing But based on your experience and the Youtube video I have a set coming on Friday . I hope my install goes as smoothly and has a similar effect as you are having in their use.

When you run cable outside, it seems too long:Shrug: go figure. Now I have a oval hole to fill in :Shrug: too old to let the little things bother me at this point.

I understand

See why I had to put it back:gah: It's all good fearless
When you run cable outside, it seems too long:Shrug: go figure. Now I have a oval hole to fill in :Shrug: too old to let the little things bother me at this point.

I filled the hole with a "rubber plug". looks good enough and cheap to buy at you local auto parts store.:Coffee:

Bunch of Woofs worried about a teeny weeny little hole...
Why mess with it, Anybody asks whats that hole for' Just tell them its a Speed Hole....:victory:

Gota find a rubber critter :clapping:to stuff in. Or convert to a kleanx dispenser!

I bought the pull back bars from HD and also needed a new speaker switch and since the installation video recommended replacing the silicone risers I also got a set of those. The indy I called quoted me a price of $350 to install that which seems a little high to me. Didn't a lot of you get the bars installed for $150? That leaves $200 to install each of the other two components. I'm wondering if he looked up installing them individually rather than while he had everything else while he was right there to install the handle bars? I want to clear this up before I call the guy back and question him. TIA.

PC

Most dealers get 1k for the bar replacement. Did my own, and would not consider 350.00. Labor intensive.
Sounds like a deal to me :AllGood:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png