2016 Tri glide handlebars

Would think so. So here is my dumb question ,after reading the install, you used the wide sweapers, did all of the existing cables fit ? Did you get the true 2" pullback needed ? Those bars are wider than stock, so steering should be easier leverage wise. By the way, great post:GoodPost:

Every thing fits perfect , but i'll tell you if it were an inch longer i would have been in trouble lol , ohhhhhh another important thing , the TBW plug on the Tri Glide didn't have to be torn apart it went right through the bars without taking all the wire loose from the plug.

im new to working on bikes but i have built numerous hot rods and engines, so when they told me $800 & $1000 i knew i had to try now i didnt start it up yet so im keeping my fingers crossed

i live in South Louisiana and the weather here is crazy 32 today and was 80 Sunday , but i know i'll get at least a little ride today after work

I'm sure you will like the bars

I changed mine in 2013 and have never regretted the choice. You will be amazed at the ease of turning like adding power steering to your ride. Rider posture is much improved hands don't go to sleep near as fast back and shoulders don't stiffen up. These are what Harley should install OEM, or at least have as new machine option. Great to see you have made the change yourself Congratulations. ride ThumbUpsafely fearless

Every thing fits perfect , but i'll tell you if it were an inch longer i would have been in trouble lol , ohhhhhh another important thing , the TBW plug on the Tri Glide didn't have to be torn apart it went right through the bars without taking all the wire loose from the plug.

Glad you got it done. You are right about the wires just fitting; I actually used the 6" wiring extensions to make it easier on me. They were only $24 from Surdyke, but it can be done without them.

I love the bars, the 2+2 wide sweepers were perfect for me; right height and pull back. The extra 3" of width makes the steering much easier.

Problem

OK , i got home hooked the battery fired right up, now i noticed that when i turned the ignition on the gauges did a full sweep all except the tach and speedometer i thought they all did so i dont know if that was right , so it did start and run all was working so i went in for a jacket and then when i got back no fire it was all dead except my lights , checked fuses all good the reverse breaker was tripped reset still nothing , so i remember reading i may have pinched a wire so i started to loosed the controls and wallah it had juice again ,my dash lights seemed dim to me but maybe it was the lights in my shop but all worked again so what i did is took it all back down to check it out man it was so easy this time cause i knew what to do it took me maybe 5 min i looked at the wire dont seem broke but i think it did short out at one point , dont know if i should replae the wires to the controls or just try these again and i did see that i didnt run the wire in the groove in the bar so now i know better , i'll keep yall posted ,

update

All i can say is WOW i but it all back together the right way this time and took a ride WOW its like power steering, feels totally different , got a question though, i never paid attention , on ignition do yall gauges to a full sweep ? my two on each end do a sweep but RPM and Speedo dont so any input

My 12 tri does not sweap. Got my bars yesterday and started the dismantling process. Have heated grips, and left one was not glued. That was a concern. To continue today. Question , Waldo, did you run any other wires in the bars other than the DBW?

NO I Didnt run any other wire through the bars but the TBW, and thanks for the Sweep Question answered , if ya need any thing send me a message

power steering is just a +

Changing the bars help with your posture? end stretching? glad you like the changes and look at what you have learned and saved to purchase more blink for your ride.:Santa: Congratulations on a job well done no pictures yet :Shrug: just kidding ride safely fearless

All i can say is WOW i but it all back together the right way this time and took a ride WOW its like power steering, feels totally different , got a question though, i never paid attention , on ignition do yall gauges to a full sweep ? my two on each end do a sweep but RPM and Speedo dont so any input

Ok Waldo, got the bars on. The throttle wires were a bitch to get out of the connectors. Ran wires in new bar then reconnected to ends. Took 2hrs to figure out. By removing radio, everything was exposed. Got right side back together, now to adjust. Tomorrow is another day. I know why the dealer charges a grand to do.

wire relocation in bat wing

When plugging everything back in you may need to move position of connectors I used zip ties where needed. just a thought it may help. :Shrug:just sayin good luck not hard just time consuming. By the way what bars are you putting on I must have miss the post. work safely fearless

Ok Waldo, got the bars on. The throttle wires were a bitch to get out of the connectors. Ran wires in new bar then reconnected to ends. Took 2hrs to figure out. By removing radio, everything was exposed. Got right side back together, now to adjust. Tomorrow is another day. I know why the dealer charges a grand to do.

When plugging everything back in you may need to move position of connectors I used zip ties where needed. just a thought it may help. :Shrug:just sayin good luck not hard just time consuming. By the way what bars are you putting on I must have miss the post. work safely fearless
Krome works 2+2 wide sweepers. Zip ties are my friend. Also use die-electric grease on all connections. Taking my time, only to do this once !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png