2012 Tri Glide & TomTom Rider GPS Hook Up

[FONT=&quot]I ride a 2012 H-D Tri Glide w/OEM audio system. I want to hook up a TomTom RIDER GPS so I can hear the instructions through the TG audio system (instead of through helmet Bluetooth connected headphones). Does anyone know how to do this?[/FONT]

Fat Daddy,

If the Tom Tom has an external audio port, you can just plug in the the aux port on the front of the radio. However, you will only be able to here the GPS and not the radio.

I had a Garmin 665 with XM Audio and could listen that way and also receive the turn by turn instructions.

Not sure if your Tom Tom has that capability.

Neither TomTom Rider 2013 nor the actual Rider 400 series does have analog audio out ports like the Garmins.
So if you wanna hear the instructions, keep your BT headset and connect it to the Rider and optional your cellphone, to listen to your music.

I have the Zumo 665 Garmin. It has a mini plug out of the mount bracket. It also has XM radio, plays MP3's, plus the GPS, & Bluetooth.
There was an AKE setup from Germany, but I don't know if it is available anymore. Plus it was expensive.
Another company is the Connx2 bluetooth adapter for the Harley radios up through 2013. At $279.00. But I think they have a sale going on right now.
The unit puts the bluetooth right on the radio display. But there is no transmit on bluetooth, it only receives bluetooth & puts everything over the radio outputs.

Connx2.com

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png