Custom dynamics Rings

kybigmac

Oct 14, 2014
murray.ky usa
I'm thinking about putting the 'custom dynamics rings ' in my 08RSV/Hannigan. Has anyone on here used them and how well do they work? I like the idea of the clear turn signals that change color when you turn them on. My Hannigan kit has led's in the rear turn signals,so they flash a little faster than normal and I was wondering if putting these in the front was going to change that any? Any advice from someone on here who is using them would be helpful. Would you do it again after using them? Thx in advance

No experience but the fast flash is due to the lower current draw of the leds being used with the stock flasher.I think Kissan and maybe others make a replacement flasher,some of the modules that make the lights flash have resistors to fix it,you can add resistors,or if you do not care about the auto cancel function of the flashers usually an automotive flasher designed for leds can be used in place of the stock unit with little trouble.There may be other options but these are what I know of.

I wouldn't give up the self canceling feature at all I love it. My main question is if I add the front lights will it make the signals any faster. I don't mind the speed they flash at now,but I'm not sure I would want them any faster. There is a thread on another forum about fixing the stock flasher to work with the LED's that I might attempt. Just wondering if anyone else has done this conversion. What I have read about the things that load the signals to make them pull more power has not all been positive. I'm also wondering if these lights work as advertised!

I installed them on my 2015 Harley Freewheeler. They did not change the flash speed but I do not have LED taillights so that may make a difference. I have the smoke lens with mine and they are very bright; they were a very simple plug and play. I am very happy with them and I would buy them again.

Sunman

I installed them on my 2015 Harley Freewheeler. They did not change the flash speed but I do not have LED taillights so that may make a difference. I have the smoke lens with mine and they are very bright; they were a very simple plug and play. I am very happy with them and I would buy them again.

Sunman

Thanks for your reply,this is the kind of info I'm looking for!

Had them on my "09". No problem with the flash rate either. I didn't have driving lights but used hid bulbs in the headlight for that extra brightness at night.
Anyhow loved those lights.

Had them on my "09". No problem with the flash rate either. I didn't have driving lights but used hid bulbs in the headlight for that extra brightness at night.
Anyhow loved those lights.
Thx for your reply! I think I'll give them a try. It's Christmas and my family is always having a hard time trying to buy me a present,when you're my age you have everything you need. I definitely think they're worth a try.

I know this is an older post, just came across this post.

I have an HD Tri Glide with rear LED brake/turn signals. I did install the Custom Dynamics Ringz in the front turn signals. Before the LED front signal change the turn signals did flash faster with the LED rear signals and incandescent front turn signals, but after installing the Custom Dynamics Ringz LED's in front the signals flashed the same as before.

Yes I would do it again. I have used Custom Dynamics on my previous Tri Glide and would use Custom Dynamics again on any Motorcycle in the future.

Hope this helps you in your decision.

I know this is an older post, just came across this post.

I have an HD Tri Glide with rear LED brake/turn signals. I did install the Custom Dynamics Ringz in the front turn signals. Before the LED front signal change the turn signals did flash faster with the LED rear signals and incandescent front turn signals, but after installing the Custom Dynamics Ringz LED's in front the signals flashed the same as before.

Yes I would do it again. I have used Custom Dynamics on my previous Tri Glide and would use Custom Dynamics again on any Motorcycle in the future.

Hope this helps you in your decision.
Thanks for the reply,that's good info. I've been putting off ordering till after the holidays,but I think I'm gonna order them this week.

Just a update,I finally got around to ordering and installing the lights. I have to say I really like the looks and I am hoping they make me more visible to cars. As far as the signal flashing it's a little faster,but not bad at all! I would recommend these to anyone.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png