The B.E.A.R.D. Room

I've also started using Cremo Beard oil (bought at Wally World) and the rash under the beard is healing nicely ... LOL

Since I've been using my beard balm and oil, I've not had any problem with either rash or itching, I'm happy to report.

Of course I'm not using that brand, this was just a statement on the general use of oil and balm.

I wonder if our ancient ancestors used any natural remedies...

hqdefault.jpg

What's the difference between an oil and a balm? This is all new to me since I started growing one right after Christmas.

Oils are just that, oil. Balms usually have beeswax to control more. They have other things like shea butter or cocoa butter. Just a mixture of things but are more for control. A Short beard doesn't need it.

I have had a beard for over 50 years. Only thing I do to it is trim and brush it. I do occasionally rub Vaseline in it good while doing the same thing to my face, neck, ears, elbows, etc. anyplace prone to have dry skin. Wait about 15 minutes then take a hot shower. You will be amazed with results. Oh, don't forget feet.
:cool:

I have had a beard for over 50 years. Only thing I do to it is trim and brush it. I do occasionally rub Vaseline in it good while doing the same thing to my face, neck, ears, elbows, etc. anyplace prone to have dry skin. Wait about 15 minutes then take a hot shower. You will be amazed with results. Oh, don't forget feet.
:cool:

Welcome to the B.E.A.R.D. nook. ThumbUp

B.E.A.R.D..jpg

I tried VO5 and it turned my beard into straw..

First time I've ever heard of oil turning a beard to straw. Maybe if you would ride and let the wind whip it around it wouldn't be straw afterward. Keep it trimmed then too.:clapping:

Straw or just stiffer than you are used to? It normally will be until you brush it or comb it after about an hour. Riding keeps mine whipped so I have to comb it out. But if I remember back when I had hair on my head and used the stuff it did keep it stiff. Would be gone after running a comb thru it though. Can't say it felt like straw though.

Sorry about the late answer to this. It's called Honest Amish beard balm.

Here's a link to Amazon, where I bought it from.

Ive been thinking of ordering that balm, it has great reviews. What did you not like about it .... the smell? A slight smell doesnt bother me really, though I do prefer no scent. Did you like how it treated your beard?

Ive been thinking of ordering that balm, it has great reviews. What did you not like about it the smell? A slight smell doesnt bother me really, though I do prefer no scent. Did you like how it treated your beard?

Honest Amish has no scent at all, and it keeps the itching at bay. I use it daily now. Will be ordering in the future as well.

I read that they have several now...which one specifically did you get Scott?

The scent free version. The can does NOT have the Amish guy smoking a pipe on it. And it's BALM not wax. Even though I think the balm has beeswax as an ingredient.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodd624

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodd624
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png