The B.E.A.R.D. Room

Been gone for awhile and I see the beard thread needs a bump. I'm been feeding mine fertilizer and getting a lot of comments on how long i plan on growing it out. I tell them I'll never shave again. :D Hope everyone is well and kicking the walls down.

View attachment 45700

Looking good Terry!...and it's great to see y'a around again. You've been missed :gathering:

I have to find this shirt... I want one. :laugh:

I'm glad to see so many here jumping on the beard bandwagon and posting up your pics and grooming tips. I didn't know I would enjoy having a beard as much as I have, in large part because I don't have to shave any more. Other than an occasional trim to even it up, I am letting it grow.

I have to find this shirt... I want one. :laugh:

I'm glad to see so many here jumping on the beard bandwagon and posting up your pics and grooming tips. I didn't know I would enjoy having a beard as much as I have, in large part because I don't have to shave any more. Other than an occasional trim to even it up, I am letting it grow.

+1......Anyone have a source on this thing. I didn't see scruffy listed on the shirt though.:D

Amazon.com has them on their site... just do a search for beard guide shirt...

Well I'll be.....there they are. I just never think about this whole google and Amazon stuff. I'm still back in the yellow pages and phones with cords timeframe. So where's my Jetson's robot that cleans my house in a flash??? That I could use.:Shrug: My phone is used as a phone. How behind the times is that. Oh, I did just figure out how to get weather radar but wouldn't just having a protective bubble be better? So I'm in this confused state where I can see some things have gone futuristic and others lagging way behind. So I'm in the behind state.:confused:

Well I'll be.....there they are. I just never think about this whole google and Amazon stuff. I'm still back in the yellow pages and phones with cords timeframe. So where's my Jetson's robot that cleans my house in a flash??? That I could use.:Shrug: My phone is used as a phone. How behind the times is that. Oh, I did just figure out how to get weather radar but wouldn't just having a protective bubble be better? So I'm in this confused state where I can see some things have gone futuristic and others lagging way behind. So I'm in the behind state.:confused:

My lil brother sez you can do the same stuff with a Big Chief Tablet and a lead pencil...:laugh:

I have to keep mine trimmed pretty short now ... I can't get a seal on the CPAC mask ... reminds me of the Navy ... couldn't have a beard because of gas masks. :AGGHH:

Shouldn't have a beard using a Scott SCBA going into a house fire as a volunteer firefighter either but I did on several occasions. Hated it when the alarm went off though because it did use more air with a beard unfortunately. Miss those days though. Too darn old now to go in. That's a young persons game. Good for weight control though.:D

Shouldn't have a beard using a Scott SCBA going into a house fire as a volunteer firefighter either but I did on several occasions. Hated it when the alarm went off though because it did use more air with a beard unfortunately. Miss those days though. Too darn old now to go in. That's a young persons game. Good for weight control though.:D

I miss those days too. I was a volunteer FF/EMT most of my adult life till recently. Definitely a young persons game. I only ever had my moustache while I was a firefighter and never had an issue with my Scott air pack unless we were training at the fire academy and had to trim the bottom of my 'stache to meet the instructors guidelines.

I was fortunate that we actually fought fires by going into structures. All I see here are water squirters. Sometimes they do save a structure next to the one fully engulfed. Key word is sometimes. Unfortunately not often. If my house ever catches on fire while I'm gone, I know full well it's a total loss. But yes, I truly miss those days of losing 10 pounds fighting fires. I got a lot of practice in California but when I moved here and saw what they do, I gave it up. I just didn't like the idea of only being a water squirter. I don't know if it's a liability issue or lack of funds and personnel here so they can't train properly but I just didn't trust them to back me up as I was trained to go in. So I never got involved. I might be able to answer those questions if I had but I knew I was getting over-the-hill anyway.

Got 40yrs in, now Fire Police 👮 Captain for past 4 yrs. Here we have a service awards program (pension) . We collect at 65. If the youngsters continue there service, they will get about 1k per month :clapping:. Unfortunately many can't see the forest beyond the trees :Shrug:

Got 40yrs in, now Fire Police 👮 Captain for past 4 yrs. Here we have a service awards program (pension) . We collect at 65. If the youngsters continue there service, they will get about 1k per month :clapping:. Unfortunately many can't see the forest beyond the trees :Shrug:

The grass is always greener on the other side. But you have to love the hot nasty work of of firefighting to stick with it. The reward is there but few ever see it. Out in California we would get those inmates on good behavior to help now and then. I really appreciated their work and always wondered if they got any of the benefits for sticking with firefighting.

Maybe I should try getting this thread back to beards. Do y'all have any idea what happens to beard balm in 102º temps that feel like 114º ??? I'm thinking most if not all just evaporates. My beard sure feels dry at the end of the day.:xzqxz:

I started using Groomsman brand that I purchased from my barber. It's a water base concoction that does evaporate. I don't see any difference with any temperature. The scent is rather pleasant too.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png