The B.E.A.R.D. Room

Natural Man.

I'm wanting something that will keep my beard from bushing out like it did in that first pic I put on the thread when it gets longer. You said it helps in that regard.

It does. I think you'll probably like it.

I've been growing a beard for 50 years and never put a thing on it except my regular soap to wash it. Maybe that's why it's only 4 inches long and never gets longer.:confused: I brush it after I shower and that's been it. So I should be using an oil or balm on it, who knew.:Shrug: Does sorta make sense but I always thought that was for women.:xzqxz:

I have had a beard for about 25 years now.
It has been long at times but usually keep it short.
I have braided it and even had beads in it a few times
right now it is a short goatee

I have tried different beard oils and balms but I still end up with a coarse/stiff beard and it seems to get thinner as I get older

I've been growing a beard for 50 years and never put a thing on it except my regular soap to wash it. Maybe that's why it's only 4 inches long and never gets longer.:confused: I brush it after I shower and that's been it. So I should be using an oil or balm on it, who knew.:Shrug: Does sorta make sense but I always thought that was for women.:xzqxz:

My beard is extremely coarse when it gets past about an inch and a half. It wants to curl back in on itself something fierce. I'm looking for something that will keep this from happening. From what Zook described and what I read about it, this stuff will help in that regard. At least I hope.

So I should be using an oil or balm on it, who knew.:Shrug: Does sorta make sense but I always thought that was for women.:xzqxz:

To quote Bill Murray in Stripes, "Dude, you and I need to party."

I now have a head full of visions of women in beards .... (Don't Go There) ... Thanks for that

Had the 'stache since 1982. Full beard on and off up until my LE career. Had the goat since "retirement" and went full a couple times since that. I might find some of this beard oil you all are talking about, maybe it'll help it come in thicker and longer.

Attachments

• 1447609587042 (3).jpg
    1447609587042 (3).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 253
Everyone tells me the same thing, that it makes me look older than I am. I tell them that I'll always be as old as I am and looks has squat to do with it!

Well put! I get the same thing all the time, especially from my daughter the cosmetologist! She's on me constantly to let her "highlight" my hair and beard, whatever that is. I tell them, "I am what I am and I don't give a damn!" Occasionally I'll add, "There's nothing wrong with getting older, it sure beats the hell out of the alternative..."

PEACE and ride safe! ~

Well put! I get the same thing all the time, especially from my daughter the cosmetologist! She's on me constantly to let her "highlight" my hair and beard, whatever that is. I tell them, "I am what I am and I don't give a damn!" Occasionally I'll add, "There's nothing wrong with getting older, it sure beats the hell out of the alternative..."

PEACE and ride safe! ~

One of my brothers-in-law dyes his beard, and he once suggested I look into it. I paused for a moment, then told him that men who dye their hair are:

B4DsKCYCEAAtn6h.jpg:large

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

He's left me alone about it ever since. ;)

Had the 'stache since 1982. Full beard on and off up until my LE career. Had the goat since "retirement" and went full a couple times since that. I might find some of this beard oil you all are talking about, maybe it'll help it come in thicker and longer.

I found out that thickness came with age. The more you shave with a Blade, the more of a beard it became. I meant twin guys at a bike run one day and noticed the beard on the one twin was thicker and longer. I had to ask why,.
The one with the thinner beard said that he used a "shaver" while his brother always used a blade. hmmm.....just sayin--------------:Coffee:

I found out that thickness came with age. The more you shave with a Blade, the more of a beard it became. I meant twin guys at a bike run one day and noticed the beard on the one twin was thicker and longer. I had to ask why,.
The one with the thinner beard said that he used a "shaver" while his brother always used a blade. hmmm.....just sayin--------------:Coffee:

Everything I've been reading from professionals say it all has to do with genetics. Twins don't mean they share equal genetics. :Shrug:

Day one report on use of Natural Man beard treatment...

Smells funny. Wife concurs.

Kind of has a funny taste too. And I DIDN'T put it in my mouth. Almost a menthol like taste. Most likely I just put too much in the beard. Will go with less tomorrow.

Now that I'm a couple of hours into the Natural Man experiment...the smell has toned down a lot. Also not tasting it anymore (thank God). Beard feels very soft and not itchy.

Hope that keeps up.

Day two using Natural Man beard treatment....

Getting used to the smell. Wife is still griping, but that's her way. Claims it smells like black licorice, which she hates. Can't please everyone. Makes my beard less itchy and that's what I care about.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png