The B.E.A.R.D. Room

Yes I have done that a few times. It usually happens with the scissors on the mustache. If I make a mistake, I just trim it out and then let it grow out.

Aloe Vera Beard Conditioner

OK, it was actually this stuff I found on Amazon.

Great ratings and relatively inexpensive compared to some:

View attachment 41496

Natural Man by Botanical Skinworks 4 OZ

OK so before the ribbing starts...I'm not into that metro-man stuff, oils, creams, perfumes and such, but the wifey wanted me to get it so I did and it does a good job of softening up the beard and my skin isn't dry and itchy anymore. I'd never heard of beard oil two weeks ago, but I'm believer now.

Thought i'd give this stuff a try. Even though my beard is short (I'm gonna let it grow out more), it itches like crazy at times. I like the unscented so I don't smell like an incense stick or fruit stand. Got it on order from Amazon, Green Leaf brand. :)

AloeCond.jpg

There is getting to be just as many beard products as women have hair products. I'll continue roughing it and make my own.:D :D :D

I've been using black Jamaican castor oil to soften my beard. I comb it through the beard and leave for 40 minutes to an hour before I shower. When I get out of the shower I comb a few drops of beard oil through the beard and that has been working well for me. This is the first time I've attempted growing a full beard, which was inspired by this thread, and become accustomed having one at this point.

SAM_0993.jpg

Thanks Doug, I had a battle with myself to keep from shaving for a couple months. I'm glad the beard won. :laugh:

Guess I'll see how long it will get in a year.

A year without trimming it... it'll be long. You will probably have to tie it or braid it to be able to ride without it blowing up over your riding glasses. A buddy of mine has to braid his to keep his glasses clean.

I started using one of those throw away beard nets(100@$5.00) they make you wear in a hospital if you are going to be in surgery. Looks stupid but at my age I don't give a rats _ss.

It works and best thing is no nose tickle from the beard blowing around. But riding without one was my way of keeping it trimmed so maybe I can finally get a long beard. It gets to where Terry's is and that's it.

Time will tell but something tells me mine just breaks at that point no matter how much oil I use.:Shrug: It does seem like it's getting longer but you know how waiting for hair to grow is.

Last edited:
Mine used to be extremely brittle until I started using the castor oil. It was so dry that the hair would just break off. I had a first over a month ago when I was visiting my daughter in Plano. We were at a karaoke club celebrate my granddaughters 21st birthday when some young gal came up to me and asked if she could feel my beard. :D

Her husband was with her and he also had a beard. I was kind of caught off guard with her asking, but told her sure and she couldn't believe how soft it was as she fondled it for 10 or 15 seconds. My wife is rather enjoying teasing me about the unusual request, but also watching me more closely as of late. :laugh:

Beard science gets complicated. ;)

Mine used to be extremely brittle until I started using the castor oil. It was so dry that the hair would just break off. I had a first over a month ago when I was visiting my daughter in Plano. We were at a karaoke club celebrate my granddaughters 21st birthday when some young gal came up to me and asked if she could feel my beard. :D

Her husband was with her and he also had a beard. I was kind of caught off guard with her asking, but told her sure and she couldn't believe how soft it was as she fondled it for 10 or 15 seconds. My wife is rather enjoying teasing me about the unusual request, but also watching me more closely as of late. :laugh:

Beard science gets complicated. ;)

You sure you didn't change something in your diet at about the same time. I've got castor oil in my balm that I make too but I'm convinced it's something in my diet that makes mine break so easy. And I'm not putting castor oil on the inside. :eek:mg::shock::whiteflag::afraid:

You sure you didn't change something in your diet at about the same time. I've got castor oil in my balm that I make too but I'm convinced it's something in my diet that makes mine break so easy. And I'm not putting castor oil on the inside. :eek:mg::shock::whiteflag::afraid:

Nope, no change in diet and I don't consume the Jamaican castor oil internally, I pour a puddle of it in my palm and work it into my beard. Another thing I hadn't realized prior to research was that facial hair goes though dormant and growing cycles. I stopped applying any DHT blockers on my beard because they block the growth of facial hair so I've been using beard soap instead of shampoos. I've found that a lot of products that are suggested good for beards actually slow growth. What is good for your head hair is not good for facial hair. I've learned that the physiology functions are opposite :D

Well it looks like you got me beat out. I have been riding with a beard net which has helped a bunch from getting wind trimmed. Use once throw away kind that they use in surgical rooms. Now I can see one side grows longer or faster than the other. Bummer!!!:mad:

20141215_150542137_iOS.jpg

Short of braiding which won't work with my beard as it's just 5" long below my chin, what is a good alternative to controlling the wind slap that stings my face as I ride behind the windshield of my GL1800? I tried my wife's hair ties and if left in for several hours left a noticeable "dent" in my beard where the tie was wrapped around.

They are also a bear to put in with my fat fingers. I have heard of beard gloves, but haven't found a good source for them. I'm talking of an item such as women use on their pony tails when riding. Most that I found had bad looking biker studs etc. which isn't the look I want. So what have you all found to work/ Mine is still too short to tuck into the top of my jacket and the zipper hurts like hell when I zip my beard into it.

Pictures very much appreciated showing your beard in riding action. Thanks

Allen

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png