Gotta love Texas

In Texas one can always spot a "northern" car whether they have gotten Texas plates or not, by looking at their windows....no dark tinting!

Can't imagine driving a car in Texas without window tinting.

Although, there are those on the shady-side whose windows are way too dark .. pun intended.

Texas inspection law used to have limits on depth of window tinting but apparently they have not been enforcing it for many years now.

They should.

According to NOAA, Austin (Randall's Pflugerville area) hit 106 today.

300 miles away here in Midland we had 100.

West Texas is generally hotter than the Austin area...strange turn of events these past 2 weeks weather-wise.

We expect a cold front tomorrow night which should knock the temps back to more acceptable range - low to mid 90's and maybe a few showers here and there.

For some reason, I did not enjoy running it as I have in past years. Traffic was very light. Maybe it was the heat. Idk. Something just didn't feel right.

For some reason, I did not enjoy running it as I have in past years. Traffic was very light. Maybe it was the heat. Idk. Something just didn't feel right.

Sometimes one can get the: "been there, done that.....ho-hum".... we have found ourselves in that position occasionally.

BUT:

Maybe you can come back down for the October meet-greet at Kerrville.

We have a had a great time down there just shaking hands, jawing face-to-face with our Triketalk friends and kick'n tires.

The various rides are neat but the camaraderie and tire-kick'n is great.

Think about it - we have other rides - you don't have to run the "Sisters" again.

Jim and I didn't go on any of the rides the last 2 years... but then, we were looking at houses for sale down there at the time and would meet up with everybody when they got back from the rides.

Think about it Mikey - would like to put a face with that name!

p.s... for various reasons some folks may not ride their trikes/bikes but they sure are welcome.

Carla

Sometimes one can get the: "been there, done that.....ho-hum".... we have found ourselves in that position occasionally.

BUT:

Maybe you can come back down for the October meet-greet at Kerrville.

We have a had a great time down there just shaking hands, jawing face-to-face with our Triketalk friends and kick'n tires.

The various rides are neat but the camaraderie and tire-kick'n is great.

Think about it - we have other rides - you don't have to run the "Sisters" again.

Jim and I didn't go on any of the rides the last 2 years... but then, we were looking at houses for sale down there at the time and would meet up with everybody when they got back from the rides.

Think about it Mikey - would like to put a face with that name!

p.s... for various reasons some folks may not ride their trikes/bikes but they sure are welcome.

Carla

Most likely what I will do. Like the Dragons Tail and the Snake, one can only run them just so many times before burning out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png