Gotta love Texas

And just like that, I've freezing my butt off and got the heater running. Just 72 hours ago the air conditioner was on. Maybe less than that even. I hate winter. That's why I got to Texas as fast as I could. I just didn't go far enough sount. And it's too late for me to move again.:(:(:(

Larry.. the good things about moving further south, i.e. Midland to Kerrville, is that:

a. It doesn’t get near as cold in Kerrville as does Midland, nor as often...

b. 2 days is about all the cooler temps will last in Kerrville...if that long...and one appreciates the cooler temps so much that we just don’t mind having them.

C. Then, of course, one can always warm their soul with some good San Antonio style cheese enchiladas with chili — or delicious Hill Country BBQ — or scrumptious German Chocolate pie.... or... :clapping:

p.s...I have noticed that Kerrville stays a consistent 5-7* cooler than the surrounding non-hill country areas...guess its the small altitude increase as well as we usually have SOME sort of breeze...but the days with no breeze in the summer are what air conditioning is for.

Winter is upon us in East Texas. 38 last night. Still have 2 hummingbird hanger-ons as of yesterday. And yes, had chili last night with smoked brisket and pork butt combo for meat in it. Threw in 3 home-grown chopped poblanos and a yellow grande pepper to spice it up. Chili time for sure. 66 for high today...hope we can ride to church today. Wife already hinting about hooking up RV and heading to warmer climes. Dunno where.

Everyone have a good one. Ken

Winter is upon us in East Texas. 38 last night. Still have 2 hummingbird hanger-ons as of yesterday. And yes, had chili last night with smoked brisket and pork butt combo for meat in it. Threw in 3 home-grown chopped poblanos and a yellow grande pepper to spice it up. Chili time for sure. 66 for high today...hope we can ride to church today. Wife already hinting about hooking up RV and heading to warmer climes. Dunno where.

Everyone have a good one. Ken

Hope you find somewhere warm for the winter. We are almost done here in Ohio. May need to get the Sblower out of the trailer. Take care Ken

86134557.jpg

Love the area where Paws is. Close to the twisted sisters. Close to San Antonio. Couldn't ask for more. Well ........... On second thought, if my wife would move in with one of the kids ............. :clapping: .......... ;)

That's a beautiful picture Lola! :clapping:

They are just starting to show up here. Unfortunately it seems the road crews are cutting them way too soon so we are getting fewer each year. Why they can't go around patches of bloom is beyond me except that would require the use of a brain.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png