Gotta love Texas

Had a decent 180 mile trip today, although we (Bikers) seemed outnumbered by the amount of 4 wheeled vehicles out enjoying the beautiful weather as well.

I can't count the number of times that I was almost run over by speeding cars and trucks :gah: in such a big hurry to get to nowhere fast.

However while out sightseeing a large sign over the entrance to a nice spread of land caught my eye. Just off of hwy 21,...Stray Bullet Ranch :xzqxz:

I thought , how does one come up with a name like that...oh well, its Texas right :laugh:

But you can find out about it here, it's a vacation ranch for exotic game and whitetail trophy hunting. If your looking for this type of deal here's something you can check out

http://www.straybulletranch.com/

Saw my second Slingshot actually on the road yesterday. They seem to be very few and far between in this part of Texas. Last one was a year ago about this time but that one pulled out in front of me at a stop sign. This one was coming at me. I thought it was just another car until it got closer then I could see there was something different about this car. Then the guy waved big time. Just when do guys in cars wave? Guys in trucks have waved at me but I've never had a car driver wave. Seemed odd to wave back to a CAR!!! :confused::Shrug::xzqxz::)

He probably forgot he wasn’t on a bike or trike and/or could not do the “low wave” that bikers do.

Remember the “hi” greeting on the highway men used to do on the rural roads in Texas? They would raise 1 finger or sometimes the whole palm slightly off the top of the steering wheel of their pickup as they passed. Haven’t seen this much in the last 15-20 years...guess that generation has passed on.

He probably forgot he wasn’t on a bike or trike and/or could not do the “low wave” that bikers do.

Remember the “hi” greeting on the highway men used to do on the rural roads in Texas? They would raise 1 finger or sometimes the whole palm slightly off the top of the steering wheel of their pickup as they passed. Haven’t seen this much in the last 15-20 years...guess that generation has passed on.

Still a few around here Carla, I travel quite a few back roads around me. Mostly country folk that wave from a pickup, if it's a sedan most likely not...them's city folk. I've even had a few wave from their tractors when passing :wave4:

Good to know... it used to be that way in west Texas but anymore it seems that everybody is too h*#ll-bent on their getting from point A to point B to take a nano-second of courtesy.

Like I've said before...it would be nice to have y'a closer to us :whistling: just saying :D

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png