Texas Rides & Gatherings 2017

The Corpus Christie area has very few good rides. We start our winter vacation here because it's warmer than the Hill Country in Jan.
Larry Sobczak from IL, is here too and hasn't found any either.

Must be nice to live that close. I will never get over my s/o letting go of her 10 acre share of her family's old farm just outside Temple. I so wanted to build a small retirement home on it. All the kids, grand kids and, great grand child are here in the D/F-W area. Along with her mother. So it won't ever happen. :(

Judging by our last Kerrville gathering, just about any location will work out for us, due to the large number of attendees. Only speaking for Sherry and me but she and I sure aren't bored with Kerrville and the surrounding area,yet. Maybe we could move our HQ to Fredericksburg, this year. What do you folks think of that idea?
Are most of you tired of that area?
We never tire of the Kerrville area. My mother lived in Fredericksburg for 39 years so we have spent a lot of time there. The hotels in Fred are significantly higher and sometimes harder to reserve and the traffic in the downtown area is horrific, especially on weekends. I think Kerrville is better. IMHO.

Sunman

Thomastri

Judging by our last Kerrville gathering, just about any location will work out for us, due to the large number of attendees. Only speaking for Sherry and me but she and I sure aren't bored with Kerrville and the surrounding area,yet. Maybe we could move our HQ to Fredericksburg, this year. What do you folks think of that idea?

Are most of you tired of that area?
Fredericksburg sounds good to Patsy and myself. Speaking for us, the hill country is not boring at all at this point. That is a large area to ride around in.

Why move just three miles North to pay more for less? We are sticking with Kerrville for the above reasons, plus Kerrville has 4 times the number of hotels and 3 times the number of restaurants so the variety and pricing is much better.

Personally, as a once a year gathering, I would never tire of Kerrville. I might get tired of the same hotel or restaurant but that can be easily remedied. I am checking rates on other hotels for this years gathering.

We never tire of the Kerrville area. My mother lived in Fredericksburg for 39 years so we have spent a lot of time there. The hotels in Fred are significantly higher and sometimes harder to reserve and the traffic in the downtown area is horrific, especially on weekends. I think Kerrville is better. IMHO.

Sunman

Fredericksburg has become a major tourist trap. All the good mom and pop stores are gone. What's left cateres to the college crowd with daddy's plastic.

Sorry...silly question here :wave4: would you have any way of letting me know what month/week y'all might pull off this gathering? Just looking to see if I'll be able to schedule some time off.

Last year we had it on October 6,7,8 and that is the tentative plan this year. The weather was nice, a little chilly on one morning, but overall not bad at all.

I am checking the calendar of events there just to know what if any area events are happening that weekend. If there is something big going on and the rates are higher due to that, we may want to shift it back a few days. This will be researched and decided upon pretty soon so we can go ahead and lock in our dates.

If by chance some really interesting event is scheduled on or close to this date, and we can still lock in a good rate then that will be an option to consider as well. Taking in a cool event in the area could be fun depending on what it is. How does this sound to everyone?

Thomastrike

Last year we had it on October 6,7,8 and that is the tentative plan this year. The weather was nice, a little chilly on one morning, but overall not bad at all.

I am checking the calendar of events there just to know what if any area events are happening that weekend. If there is something big going on and the rates are higher due to that, we may want to shift it back a few days. This will be researched and decided upon pretty soon so we can go ahead and lock in our dates.

If by chance some really interesting event is scheduled on or close to this date, and we can still lock in a good rate then that will be an option to consider as well. Taking in a cool event in the area could be fun depending on what it is. How does this sound to everyone?
Sounds like a good plan for T & P. Why waste money.? Money is not an issue, since there is none!

The roads won't change just because someone else is leading. I am blonde and I know that.

I agree that the roads will be the same. Which ones a person chooses to take makes up a planned route. My idea of a good time is not always what others enjoy so by letting someone else plan the routes this time we'll get another perspective.... :clapping::xszpv:

Why move just three miles North to pay more for less? We are sticking with Kerrville for the above reasons, plus they have 4 times the number of hotels and 3 times the number of restaurants so the variety and pricing is better.

Personally, as a once a year gathering, I would never tire of Kerrville. I might get tired of the same hotel or restaurant but that can be easily remedied. I am checking rates on other hotels for this years gathering.

I gotta agree to this.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png