GPS - OLD Kennedy Singleset to intercomm / NEW Bluetooth to intercom

GPS - OLD Kennedy Singleset to intercomm / NEW Bluetooth to intercom

Ok I've currently got a gps that connects to my intercom through an old kennedy edset.It works perfectly but now its time for a new GPS and its Time to move to Bluetooth. Not for the entire system just for the GPS.
Of course the new GPS will not fit my old Streetpilot.
Soooo i figure I got a couple of ways to go...

1)
I can keep the old kennedy single set (that works fine), and get the wiring diagram for it, and wire the input to a 3.5mm plug. then connect the plug into one of these bluetooth adapters someone found here.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Lo...469046842&s r=1-28&keywords=bluetooth+dongle

Someone else here has used this device

PROS:
The power leads of the Kennedy can still be used to turn the entire contraption off and on
LEss to actually BUY

CONS:
I have to do a little deciphering and wiring... which im not against doing.
Assuming I can get the schematic of the single set

OR

2)
Remove the Kennedy singleset
get THIS..
http://goldwingdocs.com/Store/Goldwing-GPS-Audio-Input.asp
AND the bluetooth adapter

PROS:
A new setup
No hand wiring

CONS:
Will have to run NEW power to the NEW GPS unit.
More Money

I have the Bluetooth Dongle to stream music in, I don't know why I never thought about using it with a GPS, this will give me something to check out now.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png