88 blazer trike

I was just told at work today they want to plan about 7 months of nights and weekend work (beside for normal work week). So I may not get a lot of time to work on it in the near future

Hopefully there is OT or Comp Time (ha ha) involved in the additional hours. That way you will be able to put some of the OT $$$$ towards the trike or you will have some time to work on the trike. If I remember correctly, you work in the IT field. Me too. So I know how management often "valuues" those extra hours. :( Good Luck!

did a lot 12 hr days/weeks that ran into months 3pm to 3 am we were basically zombies, but nice xtra money...this at Bobcat Co. many yrs ago....

Bob, I can see a big bling account building up!! good luck to you!

I wish you guys were right.

I am salary now. But I do not make much more than I did when I was hourly. They did not give me a choice, If I wanted to have a job it has to be salary now

SO no OT pay for me just the OT.

anyway.....

Hoping to get some work on the trike done later tomorrow after I do some molding in 1 room of the house, then again Sunday and hoping it snows enough to miss work on Monday and get some more done.

just checking in..................

I really like how my steering came out. I can only test it standing still for now but I think it will work well (I hope)

I have the front end apart finishing up the welds and such.

I will paint it with primer just to protect it from rusting. The real finish work will come later

I am suppose to work this coming weekend but if I don't I will get it back together

Got it put back together and did a quick spray pint on it for it would not rust

IMG_0113.jpg

The bearings I used came with seals but I created "guards" at the top and bottom anyway.

I also added a spacer below the bottom plate. My bolt was to long and did not want to sped the money for a new one. A grade 8 1" X 13" bolt is not cheap (had to be long for the shank part is on the bearings not the threads) I will cut the extra threads off later

IMG_0116.jpg

I also got some work done on my shotgun. I added a bayonet to it.

I did not post that because I was not sure how this site feels about posting weapon pictures

I also added a spacer below the bottom plate. My bolt was to long and did not want to sped the money for a new one. A grade 8 1" X 13" bolt is not cheap (had to be long for the shank part is on the bearings not the threads) I will cut the extra threads off later

about $16 for grade 8 1 x12

about $16 for grade 8 1 x12

I got ripped off then

I paid about $60 maybe more

^...All that is needed to order from McMaster/Carr is a credit/debit card. Used to be industrial/commercial sales only many years ago.

Recently bought some thin sheet carbon fiber panelling, expensive, but cool.

well that sucks...............

I paid $58.55 pulse shipping

Although they sent me the wrong bolt at first, then sent me the correct bolt for free and told me to keep the wrong bolt.

I was able to use the "wrong" bolt in the 2nd neck.

Even at 2 for $60 the price was to high from what you guys are saying

I hate getting ripped off.

I was going to start on my pinion angle and link setup but its to cold to be down on the concrete floor.

I think instead i will start on my handle bars.

I want to make something different

I like these so maybe something like them but with my own twist to it

bars.JPG

I like yours bars

I have 10 or so large 1/4 plates left (they are what you put at the bottom of a server rack for it does not tip over)

I am thinking about using 1 of those. 1 will make 2 sides easy. Then need some 1" OD pipe/tube

Working on the Shotgun in the morning, Going to a Gun show with the Ol'Lady tomorrow afternoon, Sunday I should have time to work on this if I do not get called into work

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png