88 blazer trike

yeah....maybe move back 18" or so. gotta have room for legs and feet. if headers go straight out and then down over frame, your feet could be between headers and block , but could get warm.....other wise either side of tranny or bellhousing.....you may have to decide on your exhaust system before the seat location, just saying.

I was thinking the same thing

moving forward

looks like plenty of room for radiator and neck/fork. will you use steering link rods or long handle bars?

looks like plenty of room for radiator and neck/fork. will you use steering link rods or long handle bars?

The plan is to have the radiator under the truck bed in back and channel air to it,

I was thinking of using a steering link setup. I have seen a few of them and I am told they work well.

I personalty like the long handlebar look better but I have to balance the look with the function

Now that I moved the engine/trany forward I will have to change my pinion angle.

Since they were moved forward and I will be using a double cardan style drive shaft I will have to lower my pinion to point at the trany output shaft again.

I have not figured out how much I will have to lower it yet but I will

since I moved the engine and Trany forward I had to make a new Trany mount

I am keeping the old cross member because it is the right height for the back seat area

3.jpg

This is a quick mock up at 36 degrees will do a better mock up later

Not the wheels I will use just something I had around to stand up there

I like the fat car tire but not sure how well that will work

1.jpg

2.jpg

I like your thinking in that the "fat car tire" out front will serve you best.

Engineering a wheel/brake mount for the stock GM wheel isn't rocket science, but it is critical in getting the trike to handle the way you want/expect it to. Looks like that's what your after in the "mockup"?

In my opinion/for what its worth, (not much), typical motorcycle fork or leading link setup might be easier to fab from scratch, but maybe you have that covered already...?

Traction is your/our friend, on a trike!:clapping:

ditto

ya ditto on the fat car tire.....that tire will soak up a lot of small bumps.....plus w/ heavier engine, fork springing will need to be stiffer.....so that tire area will be more important than ever for ride quality. my .02

Engineering a wheel/brake mount for the stock GM wheel isn't rocket science, but it is critical in getting the trike to handle the way you want/expect it to. Looks like that's what your after in the "mockup"?

In my opinion/for what its worth, (not much), typical motorcycle fork or leading link setup might be easier to fab from scratch

:clapping:

I have been scouring the internet for info on setting up a GM wheel for motorcycle forks but cant find much

I have been researching Leading link forks I believe I will go with some form of that

I want to keep my wheel base as short as I can

Right now my wheel base measures at 9 ft 2 inches

That is longer than I wanted but it is what it is

heavier engine, fork springing will need to be stiffer.

I did some research on the shocks

I have seen different types used

I like a adjustable coil-over design But that will be some $$$

I seen a few with VW Coil overs, seen some with rear Motorcyce shocks

Not sure what I will do for that yet

I've never personally seen an automotive spindle assembly adapted to a trike front end by anyone here stateside, but if memory serves me, I believe it is a more common setup in Europe.

Perhaps someone from Europe, (or stateside), who might be reading this can offer advice?...

I've never personally seen an automotive spindle assembly adapted to a trike front end by anyone here stateside, but if memory serves me, I believe it is a more common setup in Europe.

Perhaps someone from Europe, (or stateside), who might be reading this can offer advice?...

I have seen a few pictures of different setups but nothing I can get a good look at to see the design

I will figure it out

Haven't posted for a while, I have been tied up with other things

Finally had time to work on the trike today

Installed a dummy pulley and made adjustment brackets

I made it for it can be adjusted at 2 points. This way I have more choices of belt lenths

Not sure if I need to make rear stabilizing slide brackets or not yet

adj.jpg

I noticed my dummy pulley was very slightly out of line

I am redoing that this time I am using the same type of "jig" setup I did on the altenator

IMG_20170721_173213.jpg

Replaced the rear brace. I will shape it later

IMG_20170721_173741.jpg

Will build the truck bed off it

IMG_20170721_173904.jpg

I would think it ok. money seems about right.... It's about the same thing I did on Last Winter.....bored for light press on boat trailer bearing races. didn't make any provisions for seals....just made leather washers......turned and threaded a bolt from C1018. Now I'm assuming this is for standard Harley trees and bolt. Is that what front end you are going to use?

I put this one on mine. Heavy wall dom . Maybe a overkill but not a bad thing that supports all the weight up front.. I had a company in concord NH make my trees with a extra brace for 200. They are called hydrocam . Made out of 1/2 steel plate for two inch dom 250 wall tubing.. At least i know my front forks will stay on lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-CHOP...a796aae&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=162421455579

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png