88 blazer trike

i will definitly agree with vw bug. that setup will work just fine.......i've noticed that when using smooth side w/p pulleys....they give more degrees of belt wrap....less traction than with grooves, l suppose.

Great,

Once I get the Trany cross-member done I can start on that

This weekend is tied up with Honey do list and PM on my other trike

started mocking up the altenator

The stock bracket puts it up to high

if I make my own bracket I can lower it 2 inches

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0222.JPG

fabricated the cross member yesterday

for now it has 1 bolt on each side

later it will have 2 on each side

need to weld some gussets on the underside on the bracket that is actually welded to the frame

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

crossmember

bob.....what are your plans for the humped up crossmember that is above your new rear trans.mount??? .....realize it was/is needed to keep frame in alignment. body mnt. seat mounting or what.....just curious.

bob.....what are your plans for the humped up crossmember that is above your new rear trans.mount??? .....realize it was/is needed to keep frame in alignment. body mnt. seat mounting or what.....just curious.

In front of the cross member will be the front seat (above the trany)

Behind that will be the back seat. (will have a plate over the drive shaft for Butt protection)

Then the gas tank and at the end a truck bed with a nice wood floor inlay

My wife wants a dash panel so attached to that cross member will be some type of stand with a platform on top. Not sure what will go in her dash yet

fabricated the cross member yesterday

for now it has 1 bolt on each side

later it will have 2 on each side

need to weld some gussets on the underside on the bracket that is actually welded to the frame

View attachment 44554

View attachment 44555

you are moving right along, more than i can say for my projects...no idea if its been mentioned or not...but it looks like your pinion may be up a tad... should be within a couple degrees of the trans..if not it will vibrate...i think you can buy wedges to help or cut n re-weld the saddles....

this a great explanation

you are moving right along, more than i can say for my projects...no idea if its been mentioned or not...but it looks like your pinion may be up a tad... should be within a couple degrees of the trans..if not it will vibrate...i think you can buy wedges to help or cut n re-weld the saddles....

this a great explanation

Not for a Double Cardan/CV shaft.

The Pinion angle is different when setting them up

joints.jpg

good info on drive shafts.....sounds like that crossmember will be put to good use! i like that idea of a dash for the passenger, could be a backrest for the driver and used for a hand hold for the passenger to get into the their seat. speakers mountings ,electronics etc. also a partial windbreak for the passenger. i am enjoying the build !!

I got the bottom part on the alternator bracket made. Now need to make the adjustable arm

Its made out of 1/4 flat and 1/2 rebar support

I like the look but wish I had justification to put another one on the other side to balance the look out

Instead I will put a dummy pulley on the other side

IMG_0246.JPG

set an old seat on it.

I may have to rethink my seat design

I was going to have front seat, back seat, gas tank, truck bed

Basically I will have to move the front and back seats back some and move the gas tank to a different location and/or lengthen the rear for the truck bed

Capture.JPG

yeah....maybe move back 18" or so. gotta have room for legs and feet. if headers go straight out and then down over frame, your feet could be between headers and block , but could get warm.....other wise either side of tranny or bellhousing.....you may have to decide on your exhaust system before the seat location, just saying.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png