Movies / TV General Discussion

I'm waiting for more commercials. If they add another 5 minutes more of commercials to each hour of programming I can ditch that screen in the corner, my recliner and about 20lbs.

Thank you Brother Mike for stopping in...I agree! it's hard to endure the onslaught of advertisements. I do however like seeing the food commercials :D see what I'm missing out on while eating my turkey sandwich on stale bread

I'm waiting for more commercials. If they add another 5 minutes more of commercials to each hour of programming I can ditch that screen in the corner, my recliner and about 20lbs.
:Agree:
We figure that with all the commercials in 1 "show" that the actual segment is really maybe 20 minutes worth. And yet cable tv price continues to climb even with all those commercials to pay for it....:mad:

:Agree:
We figure that with all the commercials in 1 "show" that the actual segment is really maybe 20 minutes worth. And yet cable tv price continues to climb even with all those commercials to pay for it....:mad:

And we will continue to pay and bit** and watch.:Wrong: What ya need is all the Hilderbeast protesters to protest cable tv. :drama:

Hey so I happened to overhear a conversation at work about a series called Sherlock...something big happened in the opening if the 4th season that has everyone a buzz. Has anyone watched the show...Any good? I've set it up to record but since it's already into the 4th season didn't want to start viewing if it wasn't worth the time.
Benedict Cumberbatch is a gifted actor and plays Sherlock as zany as ever! Each episode is adifferent mystery case with a continuing underlying story thread. The underlying story just got jolted with the second episode and the storyline got curiouser and curiouser!!

Because of the Presidents' farewell speech, the time slot has been moved for This is Us and it's on the same time as Agents of Shield.:gah: Obama still continues to mess with me!!!

This is a great series, I like the way it transitions through their past and present lives. We're just now on ep5 and have been recording the rest. I'll let Michele know so we can cancel the timer... Don't want to waste the space on the hard drive with Obama's speech. :gah:

In my area, the commercials at the movies are just as long and annoying. It would be tolerable if I didn't have to pay good money on top of what they make for ads. The last dvd I rented was just as bad. Boo... Hiss...

In my area, the commercials at the movies are just as long and annoying. It would be tolerable if I didn't have to pay good money on top of what they make for ads. The last dvd I rented was just as bad. Boo... Hiss...

:Agree: Yep, we've started getting there just as the movie previews start. Skipping the "first look" commercials....they seem to be adding more of them lately :gah:

So what dvd movie did you not like? Let us know.. Your opinion matters here ThumbUp

It has been so long since we've watched a dvd, I can't remember. Our son put us on his netflix acct so we've been watching that. We liked TV series "Damages", "Longmire", "Alias", "Nakita", "Hell on Wheels".

Michele and I watched Longmire but thought they cancelled it back last year. Did Netflix pick it up for reruns...or is it new season?

One of my favorite movies is Dazed and Confused, (from 1993!) Except for the hazing, that whole movie could be a documentary of my High School years. Virtually every character in that film had a real life counterpart in my youth. Only the names have been changed to protect the guilty...

One of my favorite movies is Dazed and Confused, (from 1993!) Except for the hazing, that whole movie could be a documentary of my High School years. Virtually every character in that film had a real life counterpart in my youth. Only the names have been changed to protect the guilty...

One of my favorite movies as well...filmed here in Austin. Richard Linklater did an awesome job of tapping into that time period...connecting with the audience and bringing them back to those good times ;) growing up. He's done another movie called Everybody Wants Some this last year taking us back o the early 80's ...

So while I was working today Michele rented and watched Deepwater horizon.We didn't get to see it in the theater and she loves Mark Wahlburg. I've still not seen it...(maybe next time ) :gah: She highly recommends it for those of you that like the action disaster film's. Of course it is based on the true story of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. They pay tribute to the crew members lost at the end of the film.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png