2:1 exhaust on a Motortrike conversion?

Txtoast

Dec 28, 2016
Houston, TX, USA
I have a 2006 Street Glide that I am going to convert to a trike. I currently have a V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe exhaust that I really don't want to loose so I am trying to find out if it is possible to use this on a MT conversion?

I have a 2006 Street Glide that I am going to convert to a trike. I currently have a V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe exhaust that I really don't want to loose so I am trying to find out if it is possible to use this on a MT conversion?

Can you post a picture of the exhaust? A visual might help.

Chit can that pipe, an put true duals with fishtails on it, now thats trikin, hahah,

bike looks more balanced visually with true duals, easy for me to say,

i have one trike true duals other dual pipes on the side, expect close tolerances on the swing arm or the body kit. MO:cxtv:

2:1 great

I have done a number of 2:1 exhaust mods on trikes. 2:1 exhaust really creates torque right off the line and power above 1500 rpm's so it is a good choice for a trike.
I have used mostly Supertrappe because of the adjustability.

The main issue for any exhaust system has been the exposure of the muffler(s) end and it dragging when trailering or entering and exiting a driveway. So the first one I did, I have had to trim the collector a little and change the shape to allow a drop-down pipe to slip on and then use a turnout behind the differential. I exited the muffler at the rear of the left wheel and kept it close to the wheel and under the body. This eliminated the dragging.

At the time, I could walk into my NAPA store and browse their exhaust pipes to see what would work. Take that combination back and install it. Several years ago my NAPA store stopped inventorying those pipes but now I have a neighbor that has a tubing bender. NAPA has big band clamps so you don't have an ugly U-bolt to deal with. Once it is in place, you can weld the pipe assembly and have it chromed. Spray with aluminum silver paint to keep from rusting in the meantime.

I have an older unit in the shop today and will follow up with a picture or two.

Like stated above, you may drag. My stock mufflers on my MT Challenger kit are really close. I put the trailer hitch on and now it does the dragging. I'm putting on some Paughco exhaust and trying to keep it high and tight. Could not justify $500 VH exhaust and then grinding them off on the highway.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png