Regional sayings

I didn't learn about Jody until I got to my first permanent duty station. But he was the guy that was taggin yer girl friend back home while yer stuck at some God-forsaken military installation.

PC

The DI's from the other United States thought that would tweak us, But being from NY Jody was a woman's name, Or gay..So we just laughed at them....How we ever won the war in Nam with them morons teaching us i'll never know...

Oh......Wait we didn't....;)

Heard this from a waitress in a South Phillie diner decades ago. It still sticks with me today.

'Chures?

Expanded version: What is yours?

Actual meaning: What are you having from the menu?

Last edited:
Well, around military installations, they call things by a different name depending on the branch of service.

Army has a latrine

Navy types have a head

Air Force has a powder room

Army has a mess hall

Navy has a galley

Air Force has a tea room

:D

(Go Air Force)

Well, around military installations, they call things by a different name depending on the branch of service.

Army has a latrine

Navy types have a head

Air Force has a powder room

Army has a mess hall

Navy has a galley

Air Force has a tea room

:D

(Go Air Force)

Some of thing's the Air Force had that i appreciated, [NAM-66] Was an 24 hour open mess, Where they would serve anyone from any branch of the military at any time , And ice cream and Milk.. Not that recombine stuff in a can....ThumbUp

Some of thing's the Air Force had that i appreciated, [NAM-66] Was an 24 hour open mess, Where they would serve anyone from any branch of the military at any time , And ice cream and Milk.. Not that recombine stuff in a can....ThumbUp

Don't get me wrong (Ozarkian) I admire all the branches, just a bit of military ribbing because the AF generally had it made, not all and not all the time, but generally.

In the South. Fixin to, I’m fixin to go ridin ; hope, help; arnge, orange; peekan, pecan; yuontu, you want to; warsh, wash; howcum, why; guddun, good one; aurite den, alright; atzall, that’s all!

Western Pennsylvania Youin's meaning other people in general or specific people or persons yo kno... LOL. Crick meaning Creek or stream not only in Pennsylvania I'm sure I think.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png