Regional sayings

Country lingo was grammatically correct.

Breakfast = first meal of the day, Lunch = mid day meal, Dinner = main meal of the day, and supper = the last meal of the day. Therefore if you grew up on a southern farm it was usually Breakfast, Dinner and Supper as Supper was generally the leftovers from the main meal - Dinner that was in the noon hour. You figure it out... :confused:;).

Breakfast in the am, Lunch at noonish, Dinner around 5 or 6pm and Leftovers as a snack whatever is in the fridge. I did buy an odd soda in Wynn Dixie in Florida called 'Cheerwine'.

Moved from North Dakota to Idaho this past year. In North Dakota we called the area between the street and the sidewalk the boulevard but here in Nampa in our sub-division they call it the "swale".

2016 Deep Jade Green and Black TG

The DI's From the other United States were aways obsessed with some guy named Jody....:Shrug:

I guess that was for them back then... ; Don't ask..Don't tell ...;)

South Central PA...

Redd up- to straighten up, (I redd up the house yesterday.)

Dippy eggs- fried eggs, sunny side up

From Lower South, through Upper South and Other Parts of the Country.

Croker Sack, Tow Sack, Gunny Sack and Burlap Bag.

1332135301.jpg

42463572_1919943511377741_3889741714352504832_n.jpg

I didn't learn about Jody until I got to my first permanent duty station. But he was the guy that was taggin yer girl friend back home while yer stuck at some God-forsaken military installation.

PC

Back