San Antonio Starts Preparing For Their Tricentennial

Gone2Three

I have a knife addiction..
Aug 17, 2016
Pflugerville, Tx
Wanted to share this article with everyone...:)
January 7, 2017
In 2018, San Antonio, Texas turns 300! In the city that loves to fiesta, preparations are already underway for the momentous year long celebration that will take place in 2018. After all, it’s not every day that a historical and vibrant Texas city like San Antonio reaches the ripe old age of 300.

The tricentennial will be an international event. San Antonio has nine sister cities that will join in the festivities. Biz Journals lists them as: “Monterrey, Mexico (1953), Guadalajara, Mexico (1974), Las, Palmas, Canary Islands, Spain (1975), Gwangju, South Korea (1981), Kaohsiung, Taiwan (1981), Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain (1983), Kumamoto, Japan (1987), Chennai, India (2008), and Wuxi, China (2012).”

As of right now, the Celebrate2018 website doesn’t have too many details, but they say that their goals are to “highlight the many times we made our mark on the world’s stage. These chapters and pages of San Antonio’s narrative will come to life through various events around the city.”

KSAT reports that the official celebrations will begin right on New Year’s Eve this year and continue throughout 2018.Right now, organizers are looking for people who want to volunteer and those who want to partner with the SA 300 organization.

Sounds like a good place to stay away from for a while with the throngs of people coming in.
I well remember HemisFair 1968....you couldn't stir 'em with a stick!
And suddenly people you knew years ago from another city and you weren't that good of friends with and hadn't spoken to them since, wanted to come visit for the day and they were camping and, coincidentally it was so hot and your house had nice air conditioning and you were supposed to be the nice host and feed them all....blah!
But there will be some neat things to see and do I'm sure.

Sounds like a good place to stay away from for a while with the throngs of people coming in.
I well remember HemisFair 1968....you couldn't stir 'em with a stick!
And suddenly people you knew years ago from another city and you weren't that good of friends with and hadn't spoken to them since, wanted to come visit for the day and they were camping and, coincidentally it was so hot and your house had nice air conditioning and you were supposed to be the nice host and feed them all....blah!
But there will be some neat things to see and do I'm sure.
Lol...well hopefully since it's a year long celebration it will be spread out a bit.
But of course SA has grown quite a bit since 68 so maybe not so much :gah: I'm going to be watching and see what they plan to do and when.

Gee, maybe by then I'll have a enclosed trailer and see the USA in my Sprinter :clap:
Yer gonna be way late Frank, the fight for the Alamo is already over. Otoh, I heard through the vine that there's gonna be a party boat on the river for Trike Talk gang .............. :clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png