Another Newbie...N.J.

Doc

TOI - New Jersey
Aug 1, 2010
Lehigh Acres, FL
Hi All...Name's Ed, Co-Pilot is Chris. We live in Whitehouse Station, NJ, a L'il town in West Central NJ (Near Rt 78) and about 20 miles from Allentown -Bethlehem, PA area. I'm currently two weeks (and counting) from receiving my '08 Roadstar Motor Trike Conversion and am like a 5 year old waiting for Santa to Show on Christmas Mornin...LOL! I know I'll have a ton of questions once the Trike's here but for a start, has anyone added any kind of Parking Brake? If so, what did you use. Hope to see some of y'all soon.

Doc

Re: Another Newbie...

Welcome aboard Doc

Parking brake? I use an 8" bungee loop with a ball end. I wrap it around the throttle and front brake lever and use the ball to catch the loop. Simple, easy and only cost a buck.

Welcome Ed: I know you will ask yourself why you didn't trike it sooner shorty after you take delivery. Give yourself a few hundred miles to get use to the different riding characteristics of a three wheeler. I don't have a parking brake on my old contraption.

No parking brake on mine either . Just like REV I have it and used it 5 times in 9 years . I just park smart. If you never let it idle in N you will never need it. I back into parking spaces or always leave myself room to pull out ; If there is a hill I pull in and when I leave I just roll back out . Welcome aboard you are 5 weeks away from saying the famous words spoken by every person on this forum "Why didn't I do it 5 years ago :banghead:

Welcome to the board, as U will find out we have a lot of great people on here...we kid around and pick at each other but we only do that because we like each other...there is a lot of knowledge on here. If there is a question U have or something special U R looking for ask, someone has the answer 4 U..

There is a small learning curve when U get ur trike, so read the thread that Nana posted for U and give urself 500 plus miles, but most important!!!!
Clean the bugs off ur teeth after every trip :D some of them don't tast so good :eek:

Keep us posted on how things r going...

Thanks for all the positive comments and information. Can tell you I thought about this move for years and being the consumate procrastinator, waited 1 year too many...now that "I'm done" recovering from last years accident, I'm ready to Ride Smart...LOL! Like I said before, I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions once I start Riding but am confident this will be far superior to the Trike my Dad Rode as a Jersey City Motor Cop in the 50's!

Ride Safe,
Doc

WELCOME to TRIKE TALK....I see the INFO is already reachin' You....kick back, and look around.....post Pics of Your new Ride when You get it....:wtg:

Thanks for all the positive comments and information. Can tell you I thought about this move for years and being the consumate procrastinator, waited 1 year too many...now that "I'm done" recovering from last years accident, I'm ready to Ride Smart...LOL! Like I said before, I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions once I start Riding but am confident this will be far superior to the Trike my Dad Rode as a Jersey City Motor Cop in the 50's!

Ride Safe,
Doc

Welcome aboard Doc, I like The Wizard use the bungee cord. It does work like a champ. Glad you are here sorry it took the accident to get you here though.

Hi Doc, welcome to TT, glad you are here. We live about 5 miles north of Allentown and generally ride high into the pocono's for some needed heat relief, lol.

Ride Safe!!

Hi Doc, welcome to TT, glad you are here. We live about 5 miles north of Allentown and generally ride high into the pocono's for some needed heat relief, lol.

Ride Safe!!

Can you Yankees move those Poconos a bit closer to Texas so we can have some 'heat relief', too???

Glad to see new folks on the Forum - everybody's welcome!!! Best wishes from the Great (hot and dry) State of Texas!!

Welcome to the forum doc. I'm on a job down in Trenton and waving up to you.
And Blondie Gal, no you can't have the Pocono's, but I will consider trading NJ for Cadillac Ranch. Just rained in Trenton. Jealous yet?:BootieShake::Joker3:

Doc, welcome to the best darn trike forum on the net. I also use a bungee cord around my front brake handle as a parking brake, but I have also heard that a piece of velcro used in the same manor as the bungee, to hold the front hand brake lever back, works fine.

Hello Ed and Chris, welcome to the Forum. You are now part of the most successful internet Forum on the planet where you will find all of the friendship and knowledge you will ever need. Good luck with the new Trike. I cannot add much to the advice my collegues have given you except don't forget the rear wheels stick out more than a two wheeler. By the way, I don't have a parking brake and have never found an occasion where I needed it in three years. Enjoy.....

Welcome.png
:putergreet: :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png