Air Filter

rocket1lf

450+ Posts
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a different air filter in place of the K&N? My K&N has a hole in it from when it was installed from being crammed down on the fuse box. I was thinking about just replacing it with a standard filter and just changing it more often. The K&N gets dirty pretty fast. I can't find anything on the K&N site with the numbers I find on my filter. Thx Rick

I just measured the old K & N then looked on their site and got one that was close to the same size.

Has anyone tried a different air filter in place of the K&N? My K&N has a hole in it from when it was installed from being crammed down on the fuse box. I was thinking about just replacing it with a standard filter and just changing it more often. The K&N gets dirty pretty fast. I can't find anything on the K&N site with the numbers I find on my filter. Thx Rick
I noticed mine chaffing on the fuse box early on so I attached a PVC rub strip to the area of the chaffing and it has prevented any further damage.

I tried to find something on line and went to some auto parts stores over the last couple of days. I couldn't come up with anything. I cleaned it yesterday and oiled it today. I guess it goes back in. Rick

I tried to find something on line and went to some auto parts stores over the last couple of days. I couldn't come up with anything. I cleaned it yesterday and oiled it today. I guess it goes back in. Rick

A friend of mine has a Stallion for a while, he said he used the K&N part number in the owner's manual for his stallion and had no problems finding one. I know a LOT of parts out there don't have the actual "part number" printed on them & can make it hard if you don't have a vehicle application or part #. It looks like it's a basic universal conical K&N to me (bigger version of what I have on my Warrior 1700).

A friend of mine has a Stallion for a while, he said he used the K&N part number in the owner's manual for his stallion and had no problems finding one. I know a LOT of parts out there don't have the actual "part number" printed on them & can make it hard if you don't have a vehicle application or part #. It looks like it's a basic universal conical K&N to me (bigger version of what I have on my Warrior 1700).
The K&N filter I use is R-1380.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png