Building Tilting trike

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am not sure if this the right forum or sub-forum to discuss this.

I wanted to build an electric powered tilting trike. Unfortunately it hasn't turned out to be the way I had intended.
The vehicle does not tilt. Or to put it in better words, it does not bank in the direction of a turn like a 2 wheeled bike.
It behaves more like a car, when taking a sharp fast turn, it tilts/bank on the opposite size of the turn.

I was wondering if members here have experience with tilting trike?
On the same note, people who ride trikes here, how does the suspension work? Does the vehicle tilt/behave like a 2 wheeled bike or more like a car?
Maybe I shouldn't be asking this but why do people ride trikes? Is it always some physical handicap that prevents them from riding a regular bike?
I apologise if this is not the right forum to ask or if my post offends anyone. I did not mean to.
I am currently lost in my project. Need to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome, taking for granted your invention will have 2 front wheels and one rear :Shrug: My Pagio Vespa MP3 has that front technology with a articualating type front using 2 front wheels. Not sure about the can am front. I am sure another member can fill you in on it. Just not a fan of electric anything. Run out of battery power, your done. Good luck on your endever.
BTW, I Trike due to my weak knees and hips. Plus I just plain love MCs.

Welcome to Trike-Talk.... I can't help you on the build' But I'm sure someone will come on with help soon....ThumbUp

Have you looked at Tilting Motor Works? They are the only ones doing what would be called a tilting trike. Actually a bike with two front tires.

Yes I did try dynamic tilting on mine when first built.
It did lean.
But.
Leaning did not equal turn though.....lol.

For it to work the lean will have to be mechanically linked to the stearing.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png