Looking to change mufflers...

Went to the Harley dealership Friday was going to buy some VH slip on mufflers for my 2017 FW. He is what I was told by the salesperson and then they took me to service dept. If I put on the VH mufflers I need to get it tuned and would be better if I put a stage one kit on it too. 4 hrs labor and tune parts $800, mufflers were $429 extra. They told me that the motors were burning up without re tune the motor. Is this BS or is the dealer full of it? I want a Harley sound.

If you you just want sound, just go with the slip-on's, nothing else is needed. Want a bit more performance then do the stage one. Enjoy the V&H!

tune

If you you just want sound, just go with the slip-on's, nothing else is needed. Want a bit more performance then do the stage one. Enjoy the V&H!

From what I understand the twin cams did not need a tuner if only the mufflers were changed but the new M8 does

Had my FW almost two years and would like recommendations on new mufflers. Like the stock ones, but would like more power and a LITTLE louder, but not obnoxious (have really nice neighbors). I'm a retired teacher so money is no object (especially since I have none). Thanks for your help !!

Screamin’ Eagle Street Cannon/s slip-ons with Revolver 4” end caps. This was a deal that I

could not pass up by my local dealer. If you bought any slip-ons, they could

get any brand you wanted, from the dealer they would give free instillation.

I went with the H-D Cannons not because of infringing on H-D warrantee[1]

but some of the staff members said they thought the Cannons sounded better(throatier)

and not quite so obnoxiously loud as other slip-ons.

I have to agree that the Screamin’ Eagle Street Cannons do sound quite good:Dorag: and far

better than the stock mufflers that came with my 2016 Freewheeler.

[1] Warrantees

are not void if you use a none H-D replacement part. If dealer insist that the

part you added onto your bike was not an original manufacture made part and therefore

it made another part fail. The law stipulates that the dealer must show that

the substituted part did in fact bring about and/or cause the failed state. Just

saying it caused the failed state is NOT ENOUGH justification in voiding any warrantee

work. The dealer must by law show unattenuated proof that the part in questioned

did indeed cause the voiding of the warrantee.

Screamin’ Eagle Street Cannon/s slip-ons with Revolver 4” end caps. This was a deal that I

could not pass up by my local dealer. If you bought any slip-ons, they could

get any brand you wanted, from the dealer they would give free instillation.

I went with the H-D Cannons not because of infringing on H-D warrantee[1]

but some of the staff members said they thought the Cannons sounded better(throatier)

and not quite so obnoxiously loud as other slip-ons.

I have to agree that the Screamin’ Eagle Street Cannons do sound quite good:Dorag: and far

better than the stock mufflers that came with my 2016 Freewheeler.

[1] Warrantees

are not void if you use a none H-D replacement part. If dealer insist that the

part you added onto your bike was not an original manufacture made part and therefore

it made another part fail. The law stipulates that the dealer must show that

the substituted part did in fact bring about and/or cause the failed state. Just

saying it caused the failed state is NOT ENOUGH justification in voiding any warrantee

work. The dealer must by law show unattenuated proof that the part in questioned

did indeed cause the voiding of the warrantee.

Sound of Street cannons on 2016 H-D Freewheeler with new LED tail lights from Walmart:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_x8Pl...ZWV0IGNhbm5vbnM=&client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US

From what I understand the twin cams did not need a tuner if only the mufflers were changed but the new M8 does

NOPE, ALL HDs can use a fueler, BUT it is NOT a big deal IMO However if u want to run EXTRA lean Go Ahead, My trike is getting 44.5 MPG now with DK adding fuel in real time, I dunno where it will stop but @ 80 MPH it pulls hard and does not change my MPG Awesome machine, Me coming off Panheads, Shovels Evos and Twinkies

OOPS, forgot to say, I am running Fishtail drags with my own baffles, I always like the looks and sound, Alot will say WHAT it is TOO loud, BUT with my experience with exhaust over the years I get the sound and performance I want. Check the Big Twin Performance Handbook if u can find it cheap. It has ALL the exhaust questions answered by Top folks plus the formulas that cannot be DISPUTED JMHO

V&H with bumper.jpg
Had my FW almost two years and would like recommendations on new mufflers. Like the stock ones, but would like more power and a LITTLE louder, but not obnoxious (have really nice neighbors). I'm a retired teacher so money is no object (especially since I have none). Thanks for your help !!

V&H 4" Monster Rounds on 2017 Freewheeler. Look and sound great.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png