Do You Think Your Choice Of Color for Gear Matters...?

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
Several years ago, I bought my first Olympia 1pc ridin' suit in the Hi-Viz Flourescent Yellow Color.....since that time, I added another Suit, a Jacket, Gloves, and even a Helmet in this color. Believe it, or not, it has cut Cars pulling out in front of me, and turning left in my face significantly. My Wife and I both now swear by this color for Riding Gear. Bike Friends refer to it now as "SKUUTER-VIZ" since I was the first to wear it. It has really gotten popular locally since then..........
davidhappy.gif

skuutervizoe7.gif

scorpion-exo-700-neon.jpg

brpsamjim-01.jpg

I wear the same color at work as a land surveyor. the Ornage makes me look like one of those highway barrels. I think the green stands out way better, especially daylight and early evening.

Believe it or not I have seen an entire trike painted that color, even had sparkle flecks in the paint.

I wear the same color at work as a land surveyor. the Ornage makes me look like one of those highway barrels. I think the green stands out way better, especially daylight and early evening.

Believe it or not I have seen an entire trike painted that color, even had sparkle flecks in the paint.

Would like to see a Large Trike that color....there is an early model Sportster 2-wheeler in Murfreesboro, Tn that color....Owner wears the Gear also....really shows up......:wtg:

You two really are spectacular in those jackets! And weren't you wearing lighter weight jackets in the same/similar color at the rally in June?

I don't own a m/c jacket in that high-vis yellow, but my bicycling jacket is that color. Cyclists face some of the same challenges as trikers on the road, mainly due to car-drivers' failure to notice something that they don't perceive as large enough to be a threat to them, so there's a lot of cycling gear available in that color. But I haven't yet seen a cycling helmet in high-vis yellow--hmmm, that may be a market niche for someone to fill.

You two really are spectacular in those jackets! And weren't you wearing lighter weight jackets in the same/similar color at the rally in June?

I don't own a m/c jacket in that high-vis yellow, but my bicycling jacket is that color. Cyclists face some of the same challenges as trikers on the road, mainly due to car-drivers' failure to notice something that they don't perceive as large enough to be a threat to them, so there's a lot of cycling gear available in that color. But I haven't yet seen a cycling helmet in high-vis yellow--hmmm, that may be a market niche for someone to fill.

Yep Judy....we have a "Full Assortment" of Summer, Winter, and All Around Gear in this color...the Olympia Phantom 1pc Suit is made for Hot, Cold, Wet, Dry, Year-round wear, compatible with the Aerostich Suit at a better price......I'm a definite "Believer"....;)

CMJ Motorsports had a very custom GL1800 trike in that color. They have a lot of best of show ribbons on that one. It was for sale last I was in there. It was one of those colors that looks better in the sun that under lights.

I had a customer ask me earlier today: "Hey skuuter, why do You wear all that yeller stuff ?"....."I saw You comin' up on Hwy 55 last Sunday a good mile-n-a-half before You got to me"..........Me: You just answered Your question.....Customer: "Huh ?".....Me: Think about it.....Customer goes out gets in truck, starts it, hops out and sticks His head in the Office door...."Just figgered it out, that's pretty slick dude".........:laugh:

WP_20140613_14_42_25_Pro.jpgIt started out as red and I got tired of the paint coming off while using wax applicators and polishing cloths so had it repainted to match the helmet. It is currently in the shop receiving Lehman's trike kit and there was enough paint left for the trike kit. I will post picks when it is finished.

I got the hi viz orange rainsuit and the wife has the hi viz green. We got both bases covered. Most times riding in a group we wear hi vis green shirts or vests. Makes it easier for the leader to see where we are (tail end Charlie)

Be seen is the name of the game. Got 7 tail and brake light on back. Got modulator head light and 18 watt 8 LED driving lights on front. Trike is white ( mostly) wear reflective clothes. The fools still pull out in front of me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png