Doctors and Pharmacist

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Reaction score
You know they hold us hostage? The classic example is my daughter, she cannot get her pain meds filled. the Dr screwed up the script and the know it all pharmacist will not fill it, What I want to know is who is responsible the Dr, The patient or the evil government

You know they hold us hostage? The classic example is my daughter, she cannot get her pain meds filled. the Dr screwed up the script and the know it all pharmacist will not fill it, What I want to know is who is responsible the Dr, The patient or the evil government

I dont know how to say this, But here go's, Some times its a shared responsibly, Between the Doc-Patient and mostly the family of the patient..The Doctor sees hundreds of patients so sometimes he can't see the forrest from the trees, The patient most times doesn't know whats going on, So thats where the Family comes in to oversee things..
As far as the pharmacist is concerned 'If he can't read the handwriting he can't fill the prescription, And rightfully so.. You have to have the doctor fax or E-mail the order to the pharmacist..And that all can be done over the phone...My Wife worked in a large nursing home' Medical Records and that was common...

Another thing to consider is insurance if it is in the equation. My provider does not cover all meds and the ones they do cover can only be filled by schedule.

they have also tighten the rules on pain killers because of doctor and patient abuse. They monitor the drug, the amount, and the frequency. There are rules about refilling pain meds ahead of time.

Got it fixed today, FLA is a weird state because of Federal law, that said, Walmart and CVS can take a leap, I am done with them, they owe me for my time and for lying to me, it is a broken system and I am not taking any more non sense I am an American with disabilities and I will use the law

Meds are a crazy thing. I am a retired military and tri care for life is suppose to take care of the meds, FREE. Well that doesn't happen. I am also a 100% disabled vet with full benefits. I get all my meds thru the va, at no cost. All I have to do is get a written script from my civilian doc and the va will take care of it. Jim

when i went to the doctor for have a med problem he subscribed me a med that should be only 30 miligrams.... will, when i had it filled at the pharmacy they screwed up and gave me pills with 3,000 miligrams instead.............. holy cow, did the poop hit the fan when I took this pill, I wanted to die, went right too the doc that subscribed them, he had a fit, threw them out immeadially ..

Ronnie

THE LAW needs to be fixed, I AM NOT a drug addict or a criminal
PROBLEM solved today with NO VIOLENCE lol
Note, my wife works at THE Mayo Clinic

This controlling government needs to get the heck out of the health care industry. I have to have pain meds continuously. To get the scripts I have to travel an hour away because the local docs don't want to mess with the stacks of paperwork required. Let doctors do their job. It's stupid that I have to claim mileage just for this and I know of no way to claim the wasted time. They owe me a ton of money for that.

All this and they still can control illegal drugs. Do your job there government. Convict people when you catch them and 3 strikes cook their butt. Execute a few and watch drug traffic drop. We don't have a thing that would scare people to not do drugs. They get free room and board instead. GREAT! Fry their butt!!!!!!:mad::ranting::shout:

meds

After reading about all the problems some of you are having getting your pain pills and other meds; well, kinda of scares me knowing you are driving
on the road (motorcycling) and kinda lets say-buzzed up from the meds!?
and some of you have "gun permits"....hmmmm I know it helps kill the pain but don't they kinda numb the old brain too!? just wondering----:Shrug::cool:

Wouldn't closed eyes because of the pain be worse? :scooter: Actually your body gets used to it. Now give just one little pill to my wife and she's out for the count. All the stuff does is give those that need it something close to a normal life. Personally I'd love not needing them but that won't ever happen.

I learned a long time ago to check meds after filling, before leaving store. You would be surprised how many errors I have found. My advise is to look at script before leaving doctor too. If done electronically they can still give you a copy. Once the script is filled it can be difficult to change so it gets filled again in error. This happened to me with a BP med and could not find out why BP was erratic until going back to doc $$$$. The script in error was paid for and so nothing could be done about the error filling. Whether the cost comes from your pocket or insurance, someone pays.

I learned a long time ago to check meds after filling, before leaving store. You would be surprised how many errors I have found. My advise is to look at script before leaving doctor too. If done electronically they can still give you a copy. Once the script is filled it can be difficult to change so it gets filled again in error. This happened to me with a BP med and could not find out why BP was erratic until going back to doc $$$$. The script in error was paid for and so nothing could be done about the error filling. Whether the cost comes from your pocket or insurance, someone pays.
Been there done that too

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png