Avon AV-71 Front Trike Tire - anyone using this tire???

dadztoy

300+ Posts
Reaction score
Anyone using this tire??? I'll be needing a new front tire soon for my Wing with Tow-Pac Instatrike kit and was thinking about trying this rather than another BT-45 Battlax - any comments anyone???

Les

Anyone using this tire??? I'll be needing a new front tire soon for my Wing with Tow-Pac Instatrike kit and was thinking about trying this rather than another BT-45 Battlax - any comments anyone???

Les

I recently had this tire installed during the conversion process.

The tire currently has about 2500 miles on it. The tire handles very well under these conditions:

• Aggresive high and low speed turns
  • Straight highway cruising (55 to 85 mph)
  • Wet roads or rainy conditions
  • Hard braking
  • Concrete or asphalt paving

The tire is not noisy for such an aggresive tread design.ThumbUp

I maintain 38 psi cold and overall satisfied with the tire.

There are several older threads already started that go into a lot more detailed responses.

If you search this forum for "Avon Trike Tire", you will be able to see the mutiple threads on this subject.

Thanks David - appreciate the info but I was looking for someone who had the tire on a Tow-Pac conversion... I have read a lot about the tire on the regular trike forums and everyone seems to be pleased with it, so I'm thinking I will give it a try... I currently run a Battlax BT-45 on the front and I ride with the Tow-Pac conversion most of the time... Still have about 5-7 K left on my Battleax but I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the AV-71...

Thanks again for your detailed response...

Les

I have been running darkside for a while now, actually double darkside with a Bridgestone BT-45 up front and a Yokohama Avid Envigor ZPS (run flat) on the rear...
... etc ...
I ride more now with the Tow Pac setup but still ride on 2 wheels from time to time, probably about 60/40 or even close to 70/30 so I will continue to use this setup as it it is working quite well for me...

That Avon Trike Radial is a totally different tire than either OEM or that BT-45 you use darkside. different profile and softer sidewalls .... it takes a set on a trike in a corner.
On a two wheeler ?????? >>> it's gonna be interesting to read your review.

I have the Avon tire on my bike (Honda 2010 wing) I have had no problems what's so ever... Now grant you, I'm still a new-B when it come to riding a trike, first season riding trikes, but been riding 2 wheels since I was 16 years old (67 yrs old now)........................ My builder recommended Avon trike tire, for a front tire, so I went with his recommendations, and so far I'm impressed, bike rides smooth, (I do have EZ steer front end) I have approx. 8,000ish miles since the conversion, and tire still has all it tread. I will replace with a new Avon tire when replacement time comes.....

Ronnie

So far I really like the Avon Front Trike tire

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I triked my 1800 in April of this year and I have been riding my trike with the front tire that was on the motorcycle before conversion. Initially I didn't put a rake kit on the trike. I am glad I didn't as I know the extreme handling difference after installing a 6 degree rake kit. Now changing to the Avon Trike tire has made the trike handle even better. Steering is more positive and easier. For you city dwellers you may not notice the improved handling, but I drive 5 miles of a twisty mountain road to town and home. The drive home was a bit of a wrestling match, but this tire made the ride much more enjoyable. Also, I noticed the width of the road “patch” is about an inch wider than the stock motorcycle tire.[/FONT]

I have the Avon tire on my bike (Honda 2010 wing) I have had no problems what's so ever... Now grant you, I'm still a new-B when it come to riding a trike, first season riding trikes, but been riding 2 wheels since I was 16 years old (67 yrs old now)........................ My builder recommended Avon trike tire, for a front tire, so I went with his recommendations, and so far I'm impressed, bike rides smooth, (I do have EZ steer front end) I have approx. 8,000ish miles since the conversion, and tire still has all it tread. I will replace with a new Avon tire when replacement time comes.....

Ronnie

OK this is the old post from me back when I was 67 years old.................I AM NOW 73 YEARS OLD and still ride'n the same TRIKE................ and I still recommend the AVON TRIKE TIRE, IN the six years of ride'n my TRIKE I have only changed over to a new tire only ONCE, so my Avon tire has lasted all these years. BE advised that I do not beat on my TRIKE what's -so-ever, BUT this tire has been a great handling tire .................... I will continue using the AVON tire...

Ronnie

2/16/24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png