Hannigan Dealers

I have not however after my nightmare of a build, I would highly recommend making arrangements and take if to Kentucky and have it built by the folks at Hannigan. It will only take them a few and you will be happy.

This is just my opinion and if I was to do it over again, I would go directly to Hannigan.

Don't know if I want to trike it. Was told by a BMW tech that the LT is underpowered for the added trike weight and I would need a new clutch every two years. That's if I could even find a shop to work on it.:(

BMW trike

Don't know if I want to trike it. Was told by a BMW tech that the LT is underpowered for the added trike weight and I would need a new clutch every two years. That's if I could even find a shop to work on it.:(

He may certainly be right. My Brother In-law had a Honda done into a trike with the same CC motor and it definately was under powered. He sold it after one season of complaining about it. Think about it, even us Harley owners with 103's etc. are putting cams and changing gears to get the Trike to take off better.......just sayin------------:Coffee:

I have a BMW trike and I live in The Villages.. give me a call 757 615-1045

trikes

No problem with LT power..I like smooth rides anyhow...2015 conv.. no clutch issues ..ride mostly 2up..LkATrike trader is ok... only had a couple issues..they fixed one the other...warped rotor ..within tolerance?.. don't feel it though , just finished mountain trip... trike performed perfectly..

There is only one negative comment, thus far, on this thread that rings true! That being, if may be difficult to find a dealer who is set up to work on a bike after it's been triked! True of any bike that has an after market trike conversion on it! But then, how often does one really need to have work done at a dealer?

Hannigan Dealers (reply)

You're all correct about the K1200LT being somewhat under powered with the added weight of the trike conversion. It's no road burner but the wife and I have done quite a bit of long distance traveling and to me it is adequate. Occasionally I also tow an Aspen Classic camper with it and this is where the KLT shows the lack of strength but its definite durability! I picked the Aspen camper up on our way out to Colorado from NJ one year. It was rather hot when traveling the mountain roads of Colorado dragging that dead whale behind us. The LT was running hot but I just kept the RPM's high on the inclines and it weathered the load just fine. Now-a-days we stay East of the Mississippi when lugging the camper. I converted the K to a trike in 2012 but before doing that, I replaced all the clutch components, due to a transmission leak, and utilized a Siebenrock clutch plate. So far no problems with the clutch although I am extra careful not to take off at a high RPM and excessive slipping of the clutch. I also recently purchased an enhanced map, from John Gemi, for the engine electronics but have yet to install it. Hopefully it will improve performance on this beast. It is a dilemma when trying to decide if a trike conversion is right for you or not. I do enjoy the trike immensely but still maintain a 2-wheel when I need to scrape some metal off the foot pegs!:D

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg-1.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg-1.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Stage 8.jpg-1.jpg
    Stage 8.jpg-1.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 213

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png