Helmet intercom questions....

Big_Steve

Tour Captain - Contributing Member
May 23, 2010
Southwest Florida
Mrs. Big_Steve is getting interested in riding, so naturally, helmet intercom systems have gotten my attention.

A couple of basic questions..........

Most seem to have an input for your MP3. I assume it plays for both riders? Could Mrs. Big_Steve somehow turn off the music to herself, but keep the intercom on? Do most have individual volume controls?

How well do the Blue tooth ones work? I've never been too impressed with Bluetooth on my phones. Even 12 inches away, sometimes they get static and dropped words. :banghead:

Any other advice about intercoms is also appreciated.

Check out J&M corp. they make a lot of items for motorcycle intercoms.
They do have a inline vol. control but if she turns it down, then everything is turned down including U. :yes:

i dont no about turning 1 off but i have used the cardo scala bluetooth and they work real well my friend use his cell with it and he said its great you only need a cell phone that is blue tooth acc. you dont need the ear peice you cardo takes its place and look at ebay its the best price for them

i dont no about turning 1 off but i have used the cardo scala bluetooth and they work real well my friend use his cell with it and he said its great you only need a cell phone that is blue tooth acc. you dont need the ear peice you cardo takes its place and look at ebay its the best price for them

Welcome aboard 2cutebikers

I do not recommend talking on the phone and riding. You need to be aware of whats going on at all times. Stay off the phone and be safe.

i agree i dont think you should talk on the cell phone if your driving anything. but at the same time we have the intercom cb on our bike and they are still used by many. i as the passenager do the gabbing. too many accidents with cell phone and texting. stay safe and enjoy bike season

We ended up ordering this:

Dual SENA SMH10 Interphone Motorcycle Helmet Kit Bluetooth Intercom

Saw a number of reviews, and each one said the units are outstanding. Lets hope the reviews weren't written by the folks in the companies call center...... :putergreet:

I have two different MP3 players. 1 with Bluetooth, one without. This will work with either. I take a cellphone with me in case of a breakdown. I'm not sure if I'll even pair it with my headset. Once it's paired, I don't want to be tempted to use it. Maybe it can be paired with just the passenger set.

Geeze, there's no end to what you can $pend, is there? :gah: This week I bought these, a Pink "girly" helmet for Mrs.Big_Steve, and an MPA for the front.

Here's the Girly helmet. I have the same model in Silver.

Amazon.com: Scorpion EXO-100 Open Face Motorcycle Helmet Pink…

I wish that the electronics part of the GW was simple. I need to buy a new helmet. I can't stand a full face helmet. I don't like the 3/4 helmet either. Yes, i wear one of those half helmets that are not all that safe. But it meets the requirements.

Her's what I would like to see. A half helmet with electronics that go to GW and handle musice requirements

Any ideas which one will bne good?

There are several rigs out for you to look at. I use a Riderlink ST-1 (MotoComm). Though I've not had to occasion to have to do it I'm sure I could install and in-line volume control on #2's hook-up. Might be something work investigating?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png