Like Roadsmith kit for my Valkyrie...but have one concern, can someone help

frankj

90+ Posts
Aug 24, 2013
Williamsburg MA USA
Like Roadsmith kit for my Valkyrie...but have one concern, can someone help

Hi, I have a 1999 Standard Valkyrie and have decided I like the Roadsmith kit, but I've noticed something and would appreciate help from someone who has triked their Valkyrie with a Roadsmith kit.

Once installed I've heard there is an area behind the side covers that is not enclosed and you can see the frame and front half of the fender. I suspect that it doesn't have a "good" look because a couple photos I've seen appear to have been altered and covered using a photo editing program ex: Photoshop and on the Roadsmith website they have fringe stuck under the seat to cover it.

Would like to see a picture of that area to see what the finished install looks like and have any of you figured out a mod to cover that area?

Thanks
Frank

Hi, I have a 1999 Standard Valkyrie and have decided I like the Roadsmith kit, but I've noticed something and would appreciate help from someone who has triked their Valkyrie with a Roadsmith kit.

Once installed I've heard there is an area behind the side covers that is not enclosed and you can see the frame and front half of the fender. I suspect that it doesn't have a "good" look because a couple photos I've seen appear to have been altered and covered using a photo editing program ex: Photoshop and on the Roadsmith website they have fringe stuck under the seat to cover it.

Would like to see a picture of that area to see what the finished install looks like and have any of you figured out a mod to cover that area?

Thanks

Frank

Frank - Sorry took so long to respond to your post. We really only monitor the Roadsmith specific forum and I happened to browse this one today. Here are some pictures. Let me know if any questions!IMG_4116.jpgIMG_4117.jpgIMG_4122.jpgIMG_4123.jpg

Question about this Trike

Frank - Sorry took so long to respond to your post. We really only monitor the Roadsmith specific forum and I happened to browse this one today. Here are some pictures. Let me know if any questions!View attachment 49763View attachment 49764View attachment 49765View attachment 49766

Sorry for my late reply, looks beautiful, but is this the HSC1500 kit? if it is I thought the HCR1500 was the one only available for the Valkyrie

Thanks

Sorry for my late reply, looks beautiful, but is this the HSC1500 kit? if it is I thought the HCR1500 was the one only available for the Valkyrie

Thanks

Yes, that is the HSC1500 kit. It was the original kit with the narrow trunk. After the new body style came out with the wider trunk, both the HSC1500 and HSCR1500 kits became available for the Valkyrie.

Pictures are HERE on Roadsmith's site.

Valkyrie Trikes

Yes that is the HSC1500 kit. It was the original kit with the narrow trunk. After the new body style came out with the wider trunk, both the HSC1500 and HSCR1500 kits became available for the Valkyrie.

Pictures are HERE on Roadsmith's site.

Thanks, I'm getting my Valkyrie triked shortly, most valk trike owners recommend 8 degree rake kit, any thoughts on that?

Thanks

Frank

Another question

Thanks, I'm getting my Valkyrie triked shortly, most valk trike owners recommend 8 degree rake kit, any thoughts on that?

Thanks

Frank

Forgot to ask, I like the look of the HSC1500, I wish I had a pic of the HSCR1500 "naked" like the pictures. I will be triking mine with that clean look. The only pictures I can find of the HSCR have tour packs, so other than the wider trunk are the bodies similar in looks?

Yes the 8 degree is a common install on the GW line. You can check with the owner of this site (Papa Zook) see his business ad at the bottom of the forum page (CUT-N-SHOOT CUSTOMS) call him he will give you the CORRECT advise and he will sell you a rake it of top drawer quality at a price you can NOT beat.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png