Where did Your Screen Name come from....

Many years ago when I retired from the military I sold my house, put everything in storage, and went riding for a year to search for a new place to live. So during that year I was "homeless". Some friends I rode with occasionally gave me the name. I liked it and it has stuck with me since.

Cute story Rosy.

Lady ff 1481=lady firefighter and the fire truck I was assigned to was 1481

What's great! I knew about the ff, but never knew about the truck, WOW!
Hey, did you get your pull backs installed yet? Or are you waiting till spring?
See you in August, we hope. How is Jim doing? I hope the holidays were good to both of you!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I was a Sheet Metal Worker in shipbuilding prior to my accident and change of career. Hence, Tinbasher.

That's great Tinbasher! Here in the state we call them tinknockers. So, what are you doing now or are you retired like most of us are?
How is the weather Gods treating you lately, we are going to get about 4" of snow Wednesday and Thursday, but could go up to 6". Hey, weather persons are 75% wrong most of the time and get paid 6 figures!
Have a great day!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

My name is Ken and I live in Cold Lake. Cold Lake is sometimes refered to as the "cool pool" hence I combined the two to form my name on sites I visit....Ken Oh yeh, the lake is darned cold, but the Lake Trout love it!!

Grew up riding horses and bikes, buddies started calling me "Lasso". Once I became a Shriner clown, my outfit is a cowboy clown. My kids named me "Lasso". All my biker acquaintances picked it up, and there it went.

I've had this name forever but when we were kids, 4 brothers, and thoroughly set on irritating each other to death, one of the unexpected torments was the now infamous titty twister. While performing this act of torture we used to say "eeeebissss". The 9 was because 1 through 8 was taken, go figure. Anyway it just stuck in my head. I wish other things would stick like that i.e.: my name, where I live etc. But when my sister was born we were forced to act more like gentlemen and less like wild animals. Guess the fun had to come to an end sometime.......

In July, 2008, I was in a very bad motorcycle accident. I was riding my 2004 Goldwing trike on I-40 in Nashville, Tenn. There were four of us, (3 trikes and a bike), on our way to Wing Ding in South Carolina. A car rear-ended a pick-up truck which then swerved to the left into my lane. I was going about 55 mph when the trike and I litterly "T-Boned" the truck. Stubborn me, I held on while the trike rode up the truck door, went air borne upside down and then of course, gravity made me turn loose. This can end up being a very long story, so I will save the details to tell at the rally in Eureka Springs this summer, (if anyone is interested). But, I will say this, the police did not open I-40 for several hours. They told my husband that they had to wait until they heard back from the hospital, as to whether or not to treat the scene as fatality. As my grand daughter said when she saw me, "Grandma, Jesus really loves you!!" Soooo, there's my screen name--I had an Angel by my side.

In July, 2008, I was in a very bad motorcycle accident. I was riding my 2004 Goldwing trike on I-40 in Nashville, Tenn. There were four of us, (3 trikes and a bike), on our way to Wing Ding in South Carolina. A car rear-ended a pick-up truck which then swerved to the left into my lane. I was going about 55 mph when the trike and I litterly "T-Boned" the truck. Stubborn me, I held on while the trike rode up the truck door, went air borne upside down and then of course, gravity made me turn loose. This can end up being a very long story, so I will save the details to tell at the rally in Eureka Springs this summer, (if anyone is interested). But, I will say this, the police did not open I-40 for several hours. They told my husband that they had to wait until they heard back from the hospital, as to whether or not to treat the scene as fatality. As my grand daughter said when she saw me, "Grandma, Jesus really loves you!!"

Soooo, there's my screen name--I had an Angel by my side.

Thank you for sharing that story. WOW, you're a blessing to be with us!

I am tweny years older than the rest of the guys I work with. Sent in some
cordless tools to be repaird. When they came back someone had used a
magic marker and written Rustic Bob on all of them.

Unencumbered by knowledge and experience, my current plan is Bluetooth headsets for communications. The, I will mount the Garmin from my car on a ram- mount bracket. I really am not that concerned about vibration using the ram-mount. As for rain, most of the rain comes with the vehicle moving. The faring windscreen will help keep it dry. I will only use the GPS on one vehicle at a time, so why buy another GPS? How's that for the ultimate cheap GPS!

Unencumbered by knowledge and experience, my current plan is Bluetooth headsets for communications. The, I will mount the Garmin from my car on a ram- mount bracket. I really am not that concerned about vibration using the ram-mount. As for rain, most of the rain comes with the vehicle moving. The faring windscreen will help keep it dry. I will only use the GPS on one vehicle at a time, so why buy another GPS? How's that for the ultimate cheap GPS!

I'm confused. Either I don't quite understand the derivation of dadorfman's screen name (as in the title of this thread) OR I need some of whatever he's smoking... :Shrug:

I have 260,000 miles on sts so hisst an my wife rode sts as well so it's hisst. Herst an screen name of hisstherst an license plates in Mn an Nv as. Hisst. An her plate. Herst

this ole rat lives on a river bank.
a view from the porch
101_0165.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png