2008 Classic Ultra Motor Trike Conversion

Aug 5, 2010
Gold Coast Australia
Hi Folks

I am new to trikes and new to the forum so I thought it would be good to pick up some pointers from you who gone before me. A broken hip last year which is not healing convinced me to look at the conversion as a way of being able to continue to ride. Conversion is about half way done and I guess the first thing I would like to know is what do I need to know? The kit from Motor trike is being fitted by a trike converter who seems to know what he is doing. We are fitting the Motor Trike triple tree to rake the front end and also fitting a mechanical reverse from Champion. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Folks

I am new to trikes and new to the forum so I thought it would be good to pick up some pointers from you who gone before me. A broken hip last year which is not healing convinced me to look at the conversion as a way of being able to continue to ride. Conversion is about half way done and I guess the first thing I would like to know is what do I need to know? The kit from Motor trike is being fitted by a trike converter who seems to know what he is doing. We are fitting the Motor Trike triple tree to rake the front end and also fitting a mechanical reverse from Champion. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard. When the trike is finished go to a large parking area and get familiar with the feel of the trike. Do a lot of turns, braking etc. Remember to keep your feet up on the boards or pegs. After you are comfortable that you can control it, go out and put about 400 miles on it and then you will be good to go.

I noticed You had already been ridin' Motorcycles....The Non-Leaning, Non-Countersteering Part is the hardest things to adjust to......like the above advice...Practice, Practice, Practice...the new techniques will finally become "Old News"....ENJOY Your New Trike, and THANKS for joinin' TRIKE TALK.....:wtg:

Welcome, XTCM8. You will find that you need a little adjustment time from leaning to steering, but once that is comfortable for you..... look out world! There won't be much of anything to keep you back! With the rake installed, the adjustment to steering will not be difficult, and the reverse ...... you are set!

Before I started on this, I read that converted bikes were prone to tipping over on the corners, whereas VW types with the motor behind the axle were impossible to tip over. I'm glad I ignored that as it seems from everything I have read here that this is not so. One more question, the standard wheels that come with the Trog kit are 15 inch with high walls. It has been suggested that I change these to 17 inch with low profile tyres. Anyone care to comment?

Also remember when you pull up to gas pumps & other obstacles that your a little wider in the rear ( allow for clearance) and welcome to the site, you'll Love the three wheels, do they give you the compressor there for your suspension, or is it a option? Most guys I know install the compressor switch on left side after removing Temp. guage...

Hope things get better with the Hip Replacement...I have a friend that I met at Physical Therapy that had his 1st replacement re-done and is doing 100% better. This is an incredibly welcoming and informative group (you'll see I just joined myself), they'll go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and help in any way they can...enjoy the Forum.

Ed

Welcome to the exicting world of trikes. I have a 2010 triglide. Learning how to ride it was very simple. I rode a 2000 ultra before the trike. No one mentions it but my exiciting moment was riding in a 30 to 35 mile crosswind for the first time. I almost got blowed off the road until it dawned on me to turn into the wind just like you would a car. I was trying to lean into it which of coarse you can't. You will be glad you are going the trike route. It's a fun, safe, simple, way to being back on the road. NJtrike

Well, to say its a bit of a challenge at first.... But once you learn not to put your feet down and that you power off and power on in the turns you will love it !!! I sure do !!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png