I hate self-canceling Turn Signals...Grrrrr

I had Blinker Buddies on my VTX. Worked great! Now the wing, self canceling is great. If they go off before my turn, no big deal just hit the switch again.

I'm not understanding. The gl1800 is suppose to cancel the turn signal by banking a certain degree or by time (I believe 9 seconds), or distance. Since triking mine it naturally doesn't bank so it only cancels usually way after turning.

Mine does the same thing. They cancel after the turn. I also noticed if it's not a complete left or right or a wide turn, then they don't cancel. Go figure! :Shrug:

I found, for whatever reason, my turn signals will stay on indefinitely at a stop light if I give the switch 3 or 4 pushes. May not work for anyone else but, this stops my turn signals from going off while waiting to turn.

I found, for whatever reason, my turn signals will stay on indefinitely at a stop light if I give the switch 3 or 4 pushes. May not work for anyone else but, this stops my turn signals from going off while waiting to turn.

I found mine will stay on as long as I don't move the handlebars from dead center. The countdown starts once I begin the turn.

Go to gl1800riders.com forum they have a fix for it there. Search Self Canceling Turn Signals. I fixed mine and It's much better
Fixed my speed sensor for the turn signals yesterday. Get to the rubber cap on the steering stem and open up the wiring loom that feeds down the steering stem and find the white wire with the black stripe and cut it. Cut it back far enough so you can splice a piece of wire back in should you want to hook the canceling back up. Works great and took all of 30 mins. I was a little goosey before doing it but everything else works and no more self canceling. I've been riding for 50 years and have no problem with pushing the button off. Go for it. pepperThumbUp

Fixed my speed sensor for the turn signals yesterday. Get to the rubber cap on the steering stem and open up the wiring loom that feeds down the steering stem and find the white wire with the black stripe and cut it. Cut it back far enough so you can splice a piece of wire back in should you want to hook the canceling back up. Works great and took all of 30 mins. I was a little goosey before doing it but everything else works and no more self canceling. I've been riding for 50 years and have no problem with pushing the button off. Go for it. pepperThumbUp

What year/size Wing do you have? I have seen this fix for a older 1500 and wonder what years and size wings this may apply too................ Just curious is all.

I hate the self canceling because I like to signal way a head of time for safety. I am sure the roads here in the states are way different than in Japan. Its definitely distracting to have to keep reapplying the turn signal when you should be concentrating on other dangers on the road!

Sounds like a great idea! The turn-signal light is positioned on the dash where it easily catches my eye so I'll know when it's on - unlike bikes I've owned in the past.

I like them when I went from a wing back to sport bikes years ago I was one of those who never remembered to cancel my turn signals. Now that I am back on a wing I can again tell folks how smart I am to cancel the signal all the time ! LOL

What year/size Wing do you have? I have seen this fix for a older 1500 and wonder what years and size wings this may apply too................ Just curious is all.

I hate the self canceling because I like to signal way a head of time for safety. I am sure the roads here in the states are way different than in Japan. Its definitely distracting to have to keep reapplying the turn signal when you should be concentrating on other dangers on the road!
I have a 2010 1800 With an '11 CSC Cobra XL kit .

There is a connector that is in the front stem tube. I believe if you disconnect this the turn signals won't self cancel.
Dave

Dave's Trikes

I have good friend that I ride with, (he makes a great leader/so I always follow him) BUT 99.9% of the time he ALWAYS FORGETS to turn his directional light off........ Every turn he makes, ALL I ever see after, is blink,blink,blink for mile(s) after miles............... I'm forever coming up beside him and reminding him the shut off the blinker.................

I hate to speak this way, BUT someday he's going to FORGET to turn them off and a car WILL PULL OUT IN FRONT OF HIM....

I'm NOT DISAGREEing with you BUT I love the auto shut off directionals....(yes) sometimes it's a pain, BUT if it helps save a major problem, then it's worth auto self canceling....

Ronnie

10/16/23

When I started riding nothing had turn signals on it unless you added them yourself. And since they were not self canceling you learned real quick to cancel them yourself asap you mad your turn/move/whatever. I didn't even know the turn signals on the Spyder were self-canceling until I had had it for about 6 months cause I always canceled them myself. I did learn that it will not cancel on a lane change, I have to do that.

When I started riding nothing had turn signals on it unless you added them yourself. And since they were not self canceling you learned real quick to cancel them yourself asap you mad your turn/move/whatever. I didn't even know the turn signals on the Spyder were self-canceling until I had had it for about 6 months cause I always canceled them myself. I did learn that it will not cancel on a lane change, I have to do that.

When I took the test for my motorcycle endorsement..1960’s… the bike I took it I had no turn signals. I had to use hand signals that was an adventure.!…

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png