John Luciano

One Of The Origionals , TOI - New England
Mar 2, 2008
Conn
So what do u call a 4 wheel motorcycle
WOW didn't realize if you double click on the picture it gets bigger

Last edited:
What is it????

Is it a Quadracycle. I saw this some time ago and thought hannigan were playing around. It looks like they want to sell this type of vehicle. It's just a giant quad for someone with money to burn:p

As a contented Hannigan owner, I can say "what are they thinking?" I know that these vehicles are street legal in the Europe, but only a few states in the USA. Strikes me as a lot of dough for a Miata with no top.
(sorry, Dave and Ruth Ann)

Pajim

There is no prize for the best name but good answers . Yes not regestererable in Conn. Don't know if you could reg. it at all let alone as a motorcycle

Showed the Hannigan QuadCycle (well, the pic and write up) to an RMV rep at the Springfield Motorcycle show yesterday.....says that it couldn't be registered in MA as anything other than an ATV, and who wants to spend that kind of money to go play in the woods?? According to him, it doesn't meet the Federal regs for a car, and it doesn't meet the Federal regs for a motorcycle, so it's a no-go in MA. He did, however, take my brochure to show the "higher-ups" - just to let them know that it's "out there". :rolleyes:

BTW, according to hubby (who would REALLY like one!!), it's supposedly legal in 5 states, but he can't find out which 5 yet.

I like it a lot! However, it is a car that will not meet the crash test requirements or anything else. The Stallion is pushing it enough, but the Haniggan is a bit over the line. I would love to have one, but I would not trade my Stallion in just yet!

You know, I'm not too fond of this Quadracycle either, but I think we all have to be a bit careful about just how we criticize it. It's sort of one of them throwing rocks and glass houses things.

It wasn't that many years ago that bikers were making those statements about trikers. "They're just for old guys that can't ride a bike", "they're just for guys with money to burn", "it's nothing more than a luxury car on three wheels"...I've heard them all.

Most of you are 'wingers who can't understand why others of us wouldn't consider anything other than a Harley, but we can live with that. We figure it doesn't matter what you ride....just as long as you ride.

Interesting concept, not at all legal in most states. In the places I've lived, to fall under the guise of a motorcycle there has to be 3 or less wheels on the ground. (Apparently the Voyager or Insta-Trike kits that come off easily are considered "attachments" and don't count. In Missouri you can't take the licence test with one on a bike)

Now if you just had the front end kit put on it would be a legal reverse trike, something like a CanAm Spyder, grown up to be a touring rig. Seems from the price list you could trike out a GL1800 for around $8,000 or so, cheaper than a basic Hannigan traditional trike.

Here is a link to the Hannigan Roadster HRT (HRT= Hannigan Reverse Trike? Hannigan Roadster
Trike?)

Hannigan Reverse Trike Kit

So with every one complaining on how hard it is to steer a one front wheel trike without a rake . What do you think it will be like with this arrangement? I don't think you can rake this . The Spyder has power assist.

So with every one complaining on how hard it is to steer a one front wheel trike without a rake . What do you think it will be like with this arrangement? I don't think you can rake this . The Spyder has power assist.

Steering would not be as hard as steering a trike.......uses a totaly different system, more like a cars, hooked to a set of handle bars. So raking it would not be possible.

Actually no, in a straight line the difference in energy needed to turn two front wheels instead of one is insignificant. Now the added weight of the kit; that's another issue.

The steering and stability have to be substantially improved. With the wider track (remember Pontiac?), cornering will be a breeze and on the twisties, it's gonna run rings around trikes. The lateral traction will be fantastic and the steering phenomenal.

I'd love to take it for a whirl, just to see what it's capable of, but I still really don't want one.

There are a lot of folks that will be attracted to the Quadracycle. It's just not my cup of tea, but then, neither is the Stallion or the CanAm. However, I'll be proud to ride with any of them.

Blue
Just sittin' here waitin' for spring.

On the licensing, I'm not sure what the issues would be. I live in PA and I'm registered as a Harley Davidson motorcycle. There is no vin number assigned to the CSC conversion, so as far as they are concerned, it's a Harley with add-ons.

The insurance was another issue. While State Farm likewise, was insuring it as a Harley Davidson with a MC title, I was concerned about full replacement value coverge.

In the end my agent wrote it as a stndard motorcycle policy and then attached a series of photos and the bill of sale proving the purchase price to the file. That validates the value of the "attachments" to the motorcycle. From my end, I had him issue a memo to me, confirming that my trike was insured up to the original price of the vehicle plus any additional accessories that I can supply purchase price documentation for. Natuarally, they will depreciate those, just as they do the motorcycle itself.

Blue
Sittin' here waitin' for spring

According to the dealer I spoke with (American Trikes & Motorsports in Keene NH), it supposedly handles better than some sports cars. He has one on order for a March or April delivery - for himself! He seems to think (mistakenly, I believe) that it'll be a cinch to get it registered in NH, and then he might be able to just transfer the reg to MA.

I think it'll be interesting to see if this goes any further. It's possible someone is going to have to update the Federal and State regulations to cover this type of vehicle.....let's face it, there are some stranger looking cars, motorcycles, AND trikes on the roads these days!!

At one time ( after I 1st got out of the Army ) still young a foolish I wanted to build a KIT car. It has a tilt front end ( the cab tilted forward electrically to get in. Thank GOD I checked CONN. rules . There are many that will not allow strange stuff like that. Manual was 30 pages long. I see some of the stuff B of TTW build , not acceptable here

I would think it would obviously lose it's "trike" classification. And if it is the Gold Wing 1800 still powering it I would think that the gas mileage would go down even lower. I can see it cornering pretty well and your tire replacement costs would go up just not as often.

Dennis

66 dtg Dubai
67 dtg Home

This was spotted in Arkansas. Pictures snapped from a car window...

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png