Pet Buffalo!

It's funny to see a friendly buffalo. Years ago, The Villages used to keep buffalo on their land. People used to stop and feed them carrots. They were MEAN! They did not like to be touched. They would whip their heads around and try to gore anyone who tried.

It's funny to see a friendly buffalo. Years ago, The Villages used to keep buffalo on their land. People used to stop and feed them carrots. They were MEAN! They did not like to be touched. They would whip their heads around and try to gore anyone who tried.

Anybody try to feed me carrots and i would do the same....:mad:

Having grown up being around horses and cattle you do develop a sense of how to work with them...just keep trying until you both develop a respect and tolerance for each other. I admire their love of the animals.

However, I would have to draw the line at having a bovine in the house....to... let the chips fall....could not be tolerated.

We had a couple 2-3 young bull calves that we later used for breeding with black Angus to generate a beefalo herd. They were pretty friendly growing up but once they got breeding age ya kinda didn't want to mess with 'em. One was somewhat gentile but I never turned my back on him..a wild animal is a wild animal.

Felt the same way about a Bobcat I bottle raised from 2 days old, before he had his eyes open.

Having grown up being around horses and cattle you do develop a sense of how to work with them...just keep trying until you both develop a respect and tolerance for each other. I admire their love of the animals.

However, I would have to draw the line at having a bovine in the house....to... let the chips fall....could not be tolerated.

Not too keen on the buffalo...how about keeping those wolves :xzqxz:

We had a couple 2-3 young bull calves that we later used for breeding with black Angus to generate a beefalo herd. They were pretty friendly growing up but once they got breeding age ya kinda didn't want to mess with 'em. One was somewhat gentile but I never turned my back on him..a wild animal is a wild animal.

Felt the same way about a Bobcat I bottle raised from 2 days old, before he had his eyes open.
Y'a still have your bobcat?

I would have no problem with the wolves as long as they were the only house pets on the place. I have met a wolf raised in the house with the kids since a tiny pup...a magnificent animal she was.

Believe I would have to pass, wolves have always been one of my phobias....but I'm not sure why :Shrug: used to have nightmares when I was little about them. Probably from a past life :laugh:

Believe I would have to pass, wolves have always been one of my phobias....but I'm not sure why :Shrug: used to have nightmares when I was little about them. Probably from a past life :laugh:

Maybe it's because beavers are a fresh and tasty meal for wolves.......oh look, there's one! Quick, duck and go hide, the wolves are loose again.......

Wolfs' So far there aren't any out my way, Coyotes yes, Ive had them come too close for comfort a few times...Once while i was deer hunting, I was sitting in a root hole from a blowdown on a deer trail, And this Coyote who didn't see me at first stopped dead in his tracks when he did, About 20 feet from me, Then he got stupid and tried to run past me by jumping over the top of the hole i was sitting in.. I had my 45/70 cocked [single shot] and pointing strait up at the time.. One less Coyote to A'sare the villagers..
If he would just turned around when he stoped i wouldn't have shot...Semi self defense i guess...

Wolfs' So far there aren't any out my way, Coyotes yes, Ive had them come too close for comfort a few times...Once while i was deer hunting, I was sitting in a root hole from a blowdown on a deer trail, And this Coyote who didn't see me at first stopped dead in his tracks when he did, About 20 feet from me, Then he got stupid and tried to run past me by jumping over the top of the hole i was sitting in.. I had my 45/70 cocked [single shot] and pointing strait up at the time.. One less Coyote to A'sare the villagers..
If he would just turned around when he stoped i wouldn't have shot...Semi self defense i guess...

Yeah not the same...I ain't scared of a scrawny ol' coyote. Now a big bad wolf...that's another story :xszpv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png