1st test ride

Hocky

Jun 4, 2014
Delray Beach, Florida
Test ride on Slingshot today. Base model, no radio, windshield, or b/u camera (yea you need the camera), can't see behind you.
Fun w/5 speed stick, very strong & fast. Broke rear wheel loose taking off at a turn, but not more than a chirp. Very, very, noisy rear tire & tranny.
Couple of questions for youse that own them please.
Does tire noise change/lessen with tire tread design? Anybody changed them? Is there a sound deadening kit available for driver/passenger area?
Thanks, sure had fun! :Dorag:

Welcome to Trike-Talk....
Cant help on your questions, But maybe you can help me. Ive been looking at the Slingshot since they first came out, Almost bought one, Back then they were 19k.. And being a veteran it would been 18k...The question is no matter how many times i test one... Its almost impossible to get in and out of it.. Im 200 pounds and 5:11..Is it just me?.:Shrug:...

Test ride on Slingshot today. Base model, no radio, windshield, or b/u camera (yea you need the camera), can't see behind you.
Fun w/5 speed stick, very strong & fast. Broke rear wheel loose taking off at a turn, but not more than a chirp. Very, very, noisy rear tire & tranny.
Does tire noise change/lessen with tire tread design? Anybody changed them? Is there a sound deadening kit available for driver/passenger area?

Hi, I have had a 2016 sl model for a short time. Yes very noisy, I don't know if I'm getting used to it but now don't notice it as much. I do have the radio and windshield and yes b/u camera also. I also added a cloth top. I may know more next month as I'm going to tenn to pick up a trailer to match. At any rate very fun to ride it will break loose in first three gears if you get on it. I do not regret buying it at all. Enjoy and be safe. Terry

I got mine new & yes the tranny was noisy for the first 1000 miles, then it got quiet...never noticed the tire noise...I didn't like the exhaust noise being in the left front, so I got some 60 inch chrome side pipes & made some brackets to mount them, the left one is just for looks, but the right one will be hooked to the stock muffler & will exit out to the rear of the passenger.

Welcome to Trike-Talk....
Cant help on your questions, But maybe you can help me. Ive been looking at the Slingshot since they first came out, Almost bought one, Back then they were 19k.. And being a veteran it would been 18k...The question is no matter how many times i test one... Its almost impossible to get in and out of it.. Im 200 pounds and 5:11..Is it just me?.:Shrug:...

No, not just you. I'm 5' 11" 190 lbs and not exactly out of shape. Getting in wasn't too bad but getting out was a pain. Gotta be the ergonomics, I climbed in and out of dragsters with less effort.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png