New Trike Project

Aug 11, 2010
Youngstown, OH
Husband just bought me a 2003 Valkyrie Standard (yay me!). :D We will be picking it up tomorrow (thursday) or Saturday, depending on weather. Our plan is to trike it out. My dilema is which conversion kit to use. I like the look of the CSC - very clean and contemporary. However, looks aren't everything. I want an independent suspension - something that will stick and handle well on the curves. This valk only has 14,000 miles. I'm planning on riding it forever. I want floor boards, heal-toe shifter, and a trunk (valkyrie interstate). Plus all the chrome I can get. :D I am planning on going across the country several times and then some - I want to ride it forever. Can I hear some pros and cons from all you experienced trike owners? Hubby and buddy will be building out the trike kit this winter. Thanks so much for any input you may have.

Hi JoJo. Welcome to TrikeTalk! Wow, what a beautiful gift your hubby bought you!!!! You will love having a trike.

There are several companies that make independent suspension.....Champion, MotorTrike, DFT, RoadSmith are just some of them. I am not in a position to know if they all make one for the Valk -- you would have to contact them to be sure, although some of our members may have some information about that.

My own kit is by Champion, although I did not go with the IRS that you are looking for. I am very, very happy with it. I frequently recommend Champion because of my own positive experience, but honestly ALL of those mentioned are wonderful and make an excellent product. You may want to talk to your trike builder and see what they are most familiar with and recommend using.

You need to contact the companies of your kit choices and see who still makes a trike conversion for a Valk. You may be limited since the Valks have been out of production for a while!
hate to be the bearer of bad news so, good luck.
I have been chastised for posting links to help other members:( or I would post the one I know of.
Google: Valkyrie trikes and you should find the one I did!

Congratulations. Go for what hubby says. As Nana said, you can't make a wrong choice.

If nothing else, put a 12V power outlet in the trunk. Never know when you need to charge something when the one on the console is being used. Also particularly useful when it's raining and you really need to charge your cellphone, camera, hairdryer, etc.

Husband just bought me a 2003 Valkyrie Standard (yay me!). :D We will be picking it up tomorrow (thursday) or Saturday, depending on weather. Our plan is to trike it out. My dilema is which conversion kit to use. I like the look of the CSC - very clean and contemporary. However, looks aren't everything. I want an independent suspension - something that will stick and handle well on the curves. This valk only has 14,000 miles. I'm planning on riding it forever. I want floor boards, heal-toe shifter, and a trunk (valkyrie interstate). Plus all the chrome I can get. :D I am planning on going across the country several times and then some - I want to ride it forever. Can I hear some pros and cons from all you experienced trike owners? Hubby and buddy will be building out the trike kit this winter. Thanks so much for any input you may have.

CSC has independent suspension. At least on my GL1800 it does, I would think it would be the same for the Valkyrie.

Well, we just got the Valk 2003 Standard home tonight. Sooooo excited. I'm leaning toward CSC - first b/c of the suspension, second because of the clean lines. Still am doing some research, though. Thanks for all the kind words. By April, my trike should be an actuality! :D

DFT can do that VALK i will see if i can find the picture of one done it is a great looking set up.

John I actually have riden that orange and black Valk trike. In 2008 they had it out at Sturgis if it's the same one. I really liked it alot. I did not go with the DFT because I at the time had Anti-Lock brakes and we could not figure out how to make it work with their kit. Different story now.

Well, we just got the Valk 2003 Standard home tonight. Sooooo excited. I'm leaning toward CSC - first b/c of the suspension, second because of the clean lines. Still am doing some research, though. Thanks for all the kind words. By April, my trike should be an actuality! :D
The CSC did not have the independent suspension for the 1500 goldwing. Doubtful if it is for the Valk.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png