• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Cruise and rear brake switch

Reaction score
I am having some issues with my rear brake pedal and switch. I am in the process of adjusting the switch on the rear brake pedal. The issue is the pedal has to go all the way and push hard to get the brake lights to work. They work fine with the front brake lever. I had adjusted it once and had good brake light activation but the cruise would not work. I readjusted the switch and got the cruise working again. Now trying to find the sweet spot that is a happy medium for both.
Am I missing something or is this how the switch's work?

You've got one of those conundrum things going on Joe. :Shrug: Looking at the wiring diagrams it appears the rear brake light switch is normally open while the rear cruise cancel switch is normally closed. The two are mounted together so the switch activation should happen at the same time. You might try washing both of those switches with spray silicone or a good contact cleaner with lubrication qualities. One of the switches is not acting correctly. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Good luck with the cure!!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png