What are you running for muffler's on your HD Trike ?

I`m running RC Components slip on mufflers from my local Harley dealer in Lynchburg, Virginia. also installed a Stage 1 kit along with the Screaming Eagle tuner. like the tone of the exhaust , love the power and torque. adding stuff as the budget allows. so far i have installed a rear bumper ( mandatory) luggage rack, derby cover from A/N (black and chrome) front axle nut covers from A/N all match the RC exhaust tips. the trike is the Vivid Black and chrome. I will post pic when I get a chance. Not to bad for only having a little over 400 miles on her.

Last edited:
I like playin with exhaust

My stock mufflers are gutted of the wrapping

The baffles are still intact, but opened up in the centers

These are some of the shortest baffles I have seen on a Harley

The inside centers look like a flower petal folded in the center in 4 triangle pieces

When I had the mufflers off I pulled all the fiberglass out the back, that was quite a job

The mufflers sound good to me and run about 15 -20 degrees cooler now

I am going to buy a pair of unmolested stockers from E bay so If I have any engine related problems I can slap the stock mufflers on before taking the trike in for work

This will give me time to play more with my mufflers

I am next going to install some home made splitters

shopping
like this with a washer with a hole in the center welded into the eye bolt

D K Customs sells something like this, They work good IMO

I am next going to install some home made splitters

shopping
like this with a washer with a hole in the center welded into the eye bolt

D K Customs sells something like this, They work good IMO

Back in the 60's we called them Lollypops...Lollypops don't have holes in the middle.

I had the DK Thunder Torques [About 20 bucks] on my 11 Tri-Glide..They work Great-ThumbUp- and they are adjustible...If they had a hole in the center they would not be..

So For 20 bucks why try to reinvent the wheel, So to speak...:Shrug:

Back in the 60's we called them Lollypops...Lollypops don't have holes in the middle.

I had the DK Thunder Torques [About 20 bucks] on my 11 Tri-Glide..They work Great-ThumbUp- and they are adjustible...If they had a hole in the center they would not be..

So For 20 bucks why try to reinvent the wheel, So to speak...:Shrug:

I have a lot of time on my hands

Plus I have all the parts I need in stock

This is easy work for me, the test rides are the reward;)

I have a lot of time on my hands

Plus I have all the parts I need in stock

This is easy work for me, the test rides are the reward;)

DK Sells something Essentially like you want to make in your back yard...And they are a sponsor here on Trike-Talk , Just saying thats all.....:Shrug:

Six Two Charlie Out...:xszpv:

DK Sells something Essentially like you want to make in your back yard...And they are a sponsor here on Trike-Talk , Just saying thats all.....:Shrug:

Six Two Charlie Out...:xszpv:

Yup, I saw them

I went to see them at their shop last year

Those guys are awesome;)

I am looking at 1/2 moon old style floor boards from them

I just bought a set of V&H for my triglide. Haven't installed them yet. They are kind of funky looking. but the only thing that you will see is the tips. had to go to Arizona to get them. No one will ship to Californey, Land of Fruits and Nuts.

Have been running stock mufflers with the baffles removed , thunder torque inserts and chrome tips. All from DK custom.

Lots of comments on how great it sounds. Back and forth to work Ok happy with the power too. 2 or 3 hour ride ok. Ride 8 hours with only gas stops way to loud for that long. Have Fuel Moto Series E waiting to install. DK customs says they are the opposite end of the noise spectrum. Sure hope so.

Have been torn between supertrapp fat shotz and e series . Fuel moto has e series on sale now sooooooooooooooooo just ordered a set. Hope they work out all right.

I'm running stock exhaust with a VH Power Duals, with a tune update. I haven't really had a chance to run it as temperatures have plummeted around here. But next week, I'll start commuting into work again.

However, so far I've noticed:

1) Tone is better, but not too loud. They are louder, I'm sure its due to fact that the Cat is no longer part of the equation.

2) Idle is much better. Engine was lean from the factory, the tune richened up the mixture, so it seems to idle smoother.

I can't wait to see how it works out in the long run.

I'm running stock exhaust with a VH Power Duals, with a tune update. I haven't really had a chance to run it as temperatures have plummeted around here. But next week, I'll start commuting into work again.

However, so far I've noticed:1) Tone is better, but not too loud. They are louder, I'm sure its due to fact that the Cat is no longer part of the equation.2) Idle is much better. Engine was lean from the factory, the tune richened up the mixture, so it seems to idle smoother.

I can't wait to see how it works out in the long run.

Good on you, blighter. I may do the same when my warrantee runs out. I have yet to see any power gain from an after market muffler so, as far as I can tell, it is noise for noises' sake. Many kill low end torque which is what a Tri-G needs and require an extra piece to get it back. And need I mention the cost $$$$? Of the top of my head, I figure that a tuned pipe for a H-D at 3000 RPM would be over 30 feet long so ... If all somebody wants is noise, blow the horn. It's free.

Remember The Silent Grey Fellow?

Natch YMMV

PCMIKEY 2010 sunglo red tri glide ultra

fuelmoto headers, power commander V with dual oxygen sensor autotune, 4" Rush slip on pipes with 2" baffles. The trike has a nice deep rumble, and very good low end torque. :cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png