What are you running for muffler's on your HD Trike ?

I also ran the V&H Deluxe made for the TriGlide w/their Power Duals. While at Sturgis this past hear I visited with a couple V&H techs and Chris Neeley and liking the sound of the Twin Slash over the Deluxe, so went that direction. I have lifts on my bike so never have to worry about dragging 'em.

Love the sound especially under power. But like somebody said not enough to over power the radio.

8~\o

I also installed the Vance n Hines Dresser duals on my 2016 Tri-Glide, fuel pack and air cleaner kit , a lot cooler and nice sounding .

Fuel mileage ?

Debating on getting the Screaming Eagle Exhaust installed but have had a few people report that they lost some fuel mileage when they installed different/louder mufflers.

Any validity to these claims? Especially with the Screaming Eagles!

Thanks

Bob

Debating on getting the Screaming Eagle Exhaust installed but have had a few people report that they lost some fuel mileage when they installed different/louder mufflers.

Any validity to these claims? Especially with the Screaming Eagles!

Thanks

Bob

Yes, with the more open mufflers there is more reversion, which will result in more fuel burning to get the same power.

Using a set of Thunder Torque Inserts will resolve that issue.

Kevin

I am pulling my Fullsac headpipe and 11' CVO cans w/ 2" Fullsac cores...between two motors they have about 45000 miles on them...replacing w/ V&H headpipe and stock 16' CVO slipons w/ solid black endcaps...

Modifying the stock exhaust is a great way to get the best power out of your exhaust system.

I have run a ton of different exhausts...there was only one set of slip-ons that ever delivered more power than the modified stock mufflers, and they were one-off custom built. I would still be running the one-offs, but they were sort of ugly...and the modified stock were almost as good as the one-offs.

Here is a video showing how to modify your stock mufflers you have, AND make them look really good too.

They will not be quiet, but they will deliver top performance.

Kevin

I see this thread is a couple months old. This is the route I am going. Modifying the stock mufflers fits my budget better than than new mufflers. And It sounds like the performance gains are pretty good. I can accomplish this easily over the long winter.

Running stock mufflers with V&H 2-1-2 header pipe. It has NO catalytic in it so the stock mufflers sound very good. My wife complained of the noise the V&H mufflers had :( I did nothing to the stock mufflers.

I see this thread is a couple months old. This is the route I am going. Modifying the stock mufflers fits my budget better than than new mufflers. And It sounds like the performance gains are pretty good. I can accomplish this easily over the long winter.

Surprisingly, this set-up gives a better power gain than most slip-ons you can buy. :)

Kevin

Bassani 4" Megaphone with 2.5" baffles. Sound really good and look good too. I also have Fuel Moto ceramic coated header. A little loud when you get on it, but nice when cruising. No problem hearing the radio with ear plugs in at 75-80mph on the super slab.

I have fishtail Drags with some of my own designed splitters in stalled, not too loud and still good rap and NO backfiring

Kevin and Devin @ D K Customs put the Power Vision on @ 600 miles, after the Dyno time I put the mufflers on, I just added more fuel the other day thru the Power Vision, I am getting 44.6 MPG and my Plugs are light gray

I have fishtail Drags with some of my own designed splitters in stalled, not too loud and still good rap and NO backfiring

Kevin and Devin @ D K Customs put the Power Vision on @ 600 miles, after the Dyno time I put the mufflers on, I just added more fuel the other day thru the Power Vision, I am getting 44.6 MPG and my Plugs are light gray

Wow, 44.6 MPG, wish I could get that kind of mileage. Best I can get is between 34 and 37 two up. Congrats on some great mileage.

Good evening :). I've been messing with mine for a few days now and put my baffles in again

WHY ? Because i didn't like the way it popped thru the mufflers when backing down with them out. But again NOW it's to quiet for me so I might take them back out this weekend. So My question is what are your running on your TG. NOW let me say this. Mine is completely stock except for the muffler's. NO New head pipe of some fancy tuner. Just a nice sounding muffler either from HD or someone else like JP Cycle or who ever. Thank you for and reply you can help this old rider decide on what's next. Thanks again ..Rick:Dorag:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Megaphone...ash=item4b19bb5604:g:PqYAAOSwP0ZZjA~l&vxp=mtr

I have these, and I love them, on my 2017 TG. Low sound very mellow/

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png