2007 honda goldwing 1800 intercom hook ups

Aug 24, 2016
Naples, Fl
Yesterday we picked up our new toy!! 2007 Honda Goldwing with 2017 CSC trike body, took 4 hours to get home!!! WE took the long way!!! I really enjoyed it and the wife was happy too!!! Minor issue, has an intercom system but no wires headset etc: So trying figure out the best way to go, which system is best and most likely I will have to buy a new helmet. Spent the evening looking over the bike, trying to figure it all out. This bike has all most all the bells and whistles, ABS brakes, Nav system, am/fm with cd player, cb radio. So anyone with suggestions be glad to listen to them. Already planning a road trip, the first one will be a short one.

PS so far the fire in Naples, Fla has stayed south of us, hopefully tonight they can get more of it under contained.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Several years ago, for price (vs J&M or OEM) we went with products from imcmoto.com. Have been pleasantly surprised by their quality & warranty. (never used the warranty, tho) For the heat here in S. Texas, we usually ride with 1/2 helmets, if any at all.. so we've used mostly these http://imcmoto.com/products/honda-goldwing-headsets/5-pin-half-helmet-helmetless-headset.html

What I like about their products, their price includes all parts, you don't have to look/watch for un-included cables, etc. BTW, their products for larger helmets work well also, 'twas just a waste of $ for us.

I second the IMC choice, half the price of the others, good quality. I bought mine on the advice of Sierra Electronics and they sell all of them. Since you live in Florida you might want to consider going to Daytona this week or the GWRRA Rally in Orlando in a couple weeks and look up the Sierra folks. They have always been at both and can set you up including installation in your helmets.

Thanks for replies and suggestions, yes will be posting pictures, working on posting 2 pictures one of me with my first trike and now with the newest trike!!! Stay tuned!!

:Joker3::Joker3::Joker3::Joker3:

Just Purschased Headset and Helmet from Sierra Electronic

I second the IMC choice, half the price of the others, good quality. I bought mine on the advice of Sierra Electronics and they sell all of them. Since you live in Florida you might want to consider going to Daytona this week or the GWRRA Rally in Orlando in a couple weeks and look up the Sierra folks. They have always been at both and can set you up including installation in your helmets.

We went on their (Sierra Electronics) recommendations for Wireless headsets, Went with the Sena 10S. They installed and shipped. Were very good to deal with. They discounted the Helmets some being we bough two. The headsets are great. They give each of us individual volume control. They are blue tooth capable. So this gives us hand free commutations. They have a built in FM radio. They also have plugs for mp3 players. They will make an add on unit to pick up the Honda audio and transmit it to the headset. Battery life is 12 plus hours and it can be paired to two other heads sets. The also have a range of about 1 mile. With Honda wanting around 700 for CB and Antenna. I think this is more the way of the future. FM dose not have the skip and Static that the old CB has. With Cell phone and blue tooth . I would look hard at this.

I also like the fact no wires to plug and un plug. My wife's wires would always rub the saddle bags. So we tried cover and other thing to keep this from happening.

Even with the 2007. I would look in to going wireless.

Good Luck and Enjoy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png