Price for used Voyager kit?

Big_Steve

Tour Captain - Contributing Member
May 23, 2010
Southwest Florida
I'm looking at a Yamaha V star 1100 that comes with a Voyager kit. But I want it for 2 wheels. Aprox what kind of $ will a used Voyager kit in decent shape sell for?

I assume this Voyager will only fit this model, or just a few models (??)

Well 1) yes there are at least two sizes and A and B so u need to get the right one , 2) They really only fit one bike sooooo First you need to find the one that is right for your bike A or B, chances are it will be for a different bike , Now you need mounting brackets for your bike .Price for mounting brackets can be $250 to $500.00 ( unless you are clever with steel and a torch ) .IMHO I would not pay more than $2,000 for a real good used one . ( if it was made for the bike you have $2,500.) I would also reinforce all the welds on the brackets. I broke mine 3 times before I had it done .

Well 1) yes there are at least two sizes and A and B so u need to get the right one , 2) They really only fit one bike sooooo First you need to find the one that is right for your bike A or B, chances are it will be for a different bike , Now you need mounting brackets for your bike .Price for mounting brackets can be $250 to $500.00 ( unless you are clever with steel and a torch ) .IMHO I would not pay more than $2,000 for a real good used one . ( if it was made for the bike you have $2,500.) I would also reinforce all the welds on the brackets. I broke mine 3 times before I had it done .

Thanks John.

Trying to determine a price on the kit, so I can approximate the total cost of the two wheeler, after I sold the kit.

Mamma has sort of, sideways, somewhat said a 2 wheeler is cool. Would also keep the trike. Decide later on which to sell, and which to perhaps upgrade.

I was off 2 wheelers for 25 years before I got back on the trike. Love the trike, but I can't shake the feeling I should be on 2 wheels.

I solved my problem , i bought a cheap 2 wheeler a 500 shadow. You can find a Shadow or Kawasaki 800 to 1100 for less than the voyager kit

Prices vary, you can find used ones on 'Craigslist' starting at $1000.00 and then they go up in price. You may also call some trike shops to see if they have any used ones for sale.

Prices vary, you can find used ones on 'Craigslist' starting at $1000.00 and then they go up in price. You may also call some trike shops to see if they have any used ones for sale.

Been checking CL, none listed. Didn't think to call shops and ask. Thanks!

Been checking CL, none listed. Didn't think to call shops and ask. Thanks!

I have seen as low as $2000 and as high as $3500. Try searching one of the sites that searches all craigslist, such as allofcraigslist.com and there are several others. Did a quick check and there are several posted, using voyager kit or voyager trike as the search terms. I have also seen them posted on ebay.

Denny

I have seen as low as $2000 and as high as $3500. Try searching one of the sites that searches all craigslist, such as allofcraigslist.com and there are several others. Did a quick check and there are several posted, using voyager kit or voyager trike as the search terms. I have also seen them posted on ebay.

Denny

Thanks for the tip regarding the craigslist search. Looks like I thought about it too long. Bike is gone. No biggie, plenty more where that came from. Surprised how well bikes are selling here.

This thread was very helpful to me. Thanks. I can spend more than 2,500 for a starter. I can spend probably up to about 6,000. I'll definitely have to get a used one though.

This thread was very helpful to me. Thanks. I can spend more than 2,500 for a starter. I can spend probably up to about 6,000. I'll definitely have to get a used one though.

Hi Alex. Welcome to TrikeTalk. If you are talking about the amount for the kit, perhaps you will want to consider a Frankenstein kit instead of the Voyager. That would give you an actual trike, although it won't have the trunk/storage in the rear. But they are very well made, and you can install it yourself as they will sell to the customer directly.

Around here you can find used Lehman "scooters." They're made out of a smaller Suzuki Boulevard cruiser. They go for around $7000.00 used. They probably don't have a lot of power (?) but they are professionally made by Lehman, and look sweet.

Around here you can find used Lehman "scooters." They're made out of a smaller Suzuki Boulevard cruiser. They go for around $7000.00 used. They probably don't have a lot of power (?) but they are professionally made by Lehman, and look sweet.

Hmmm..... I meant Lehman "tramp." And there was one or two of them that cheap when I was looking. Don't see any now for less then $12k.

And noooooo, I was not smoking something then........

used Voyager kits

I purchased a used Voyager on Craigslist for under $1000.00

It came off a Harley Bagger, It is the "B" frame for Bigger Bikes.

I had to purchase the install mounts for my 1997 GoldWing from Voyager.

It has been on my Wing for a couple of years or more.

I have had no issues or regrets with the kit, other than pre load adjustments over the riding season.

My kit is the older model frame that incorporated what they called a "lockbar" to keep the preload setting and it

did not work well.

I noticed on the Voyager site that the new kits use "lock blocks" under the axle to hold the pre load.

I purchased a set from voyager, removed the "lock bar" from my kit , installed the "lock blocks" And I have absolutely

No further issues with my preload.

We ride two up all season long with no issues at all.

I went dark side on the wing and we are extremely happy with the kit.

I just wanted to share the "lock block" info with anyone who may purchase a older kit with the original lock bar.

They are worth the investment.

As the cooking infomercial used to say, "set it and forget it?

Good luck with your search.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png