Spyder F3 Yes Or No

madeinusa

Mar 22, 2017
Greenville S.C. USA
Test drove a 2016 Spyder F3 the other day. I liked it and was scared at the same time. Quite fun:clapping:I talked to the dealer about trading my 2106 H.D. Softail with very low miles on it. The flood gates opened. He was all over me! He told me he had 30 units to move and he was very motivated. He also said he would do what ever he had to do to get my Harley. I think in the end he was willing to give me money plus the F3. That got me thinking so I went home and looked at the KBB pricing. WOW! The F3 really takes a beating in deprecation over a years time. I know many will say "who cares just ride". Well I care because I change out bikes like I change my socks! So No Sale. That's my opinion what's yours. I'm I thinking about this wrong?

Looks like reverse trikes are picking up steam to me but unless they address the issues rhino posted the original may not be the way to go.Just read the threads here.Heat issues up to a certain year,then there was several bugs they worked out the first few years.Plus we live in a time where people expect perfection from day one with products and businesses and if problems aren't eliminated in short order a quick Google search will have a new prospect looking elsewhere quick.I know the F3 fixed most all the early problems time will tell if the resale rises.

Test drove a 2016 Spyder F3 the other day.

I meant to say 2017.

Yes.. Reliability was also part of my decision. The Spyder is a pretty complicated piece of machinery. Just more stuff that can go wrong. I don't want to sound like a Can-Am basher because I really did enjoy the ride and like the Reverse design. To all the Can-Am riders out there if I offended you I'm truly sorry. Just pointing out some first impressions.

I gotta think a Spyder dealer would LOVE to have a used Harley parked out front so potential customers will think Harley riders are trading their machines in on Spyders. Might be good for sales. But I wouldn't make that trade either MadeinUSA if only because of the depreciation value of the Spyder.

PC

I gotta think a Spyder dealer would LOVE to have a used Harley parked out front so potential customers will think Harley riders are trading their machines in on Spyders. Might be good for sales. But I wouldn't make that trade either MadeinUSA if only because of the depreciation value of the Spyder.

PC

The dealer also sells used H.D. He told me it's hard to keep them in stock.(had maybe 5 used ones in stock) So maybe some guys are trading them in on Can-Am's? Don't know for sure. But when he said he had 30 Spyder's in stock I went around the building to see and sure enough there they were all crated up. Seems he can't give them away. I have to say one thing about the dealer he was very honest and didn't BS me at all. In fact I think he was a little to anxious to make the sale. I made sure I called him an explained that I was keeping the Harley.;)

Last edited:
Poor dealer networks, Poor support from Bombardier [BRP], And they are a novelty ,

That right there is their problem and I honestly don't think it will change. BRP doesn't really care. We like our Spyder but that's what it takes. You simply have to like it and deal with it. Polaris is exactly the same way with Indian. So naturally we have one of each. Gluttons for punishment I guess. I actually think the F3 should be a better trike than the original.

That right there is their problem and I honestly don't think it will change. BRP doesn't really care. We like our Spyder but that's what it takes. You simply have to like it and deal with it. Polaris is exactly the same way with Indian. So naturally we have one of each. Gluttons for punishment I guess. I actually think the F3 should be a better trike than the original.

And like wise was with Victory....:(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png